cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 31 of 215

Re: EE “A new era”

Go to solution

First catch found, not sure I am tempted by a SIM with a 10 Mbps speed cap!

Too slow...Too slow...

It's probably fast enough for most tasks but you can get faster speeds with enough data and for less money on a 30 day SIM elsewhere (I currently pay £7.95). 

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
Message 32 of 215

Go to solution

The offers to transfer are going to need to be good, replicating Halo 3+ is £76.99 and I pay £44.99.

Also, can you confirm @NickBS if "Fibre 50 Full Works" is capped at all? I'm on Fibre 2 and top out at just over 60 Mbps download after the mods fixed an incorrect profile.

All of the new plans for an FTTC connection are either Fibre 36 or 50. 

Not great value to meNot great value to me

No sign of any TV options yet having run through the order process.

————————————————————-
Message 33 of 215

Go to solution

Well rather than actually cutting to sale of BT packages it just seems that along with EE, there's been a quiet move to only offering conservative deals. So it looks like you can now only get Fibre 2/Fibre 67 if you live on top of the cab. That explains why my neighbour was seeing limited options.

@stereohaven 

Here's the EE offer for another neighbour who is only a few yards from the cab.

rbz5416_0-1697790512234.png

Message 34 of 215

Go to solution

I have just tried another address closer to the cab and see what you mean @rbz5416 , with them getting a "Fibre 67" option which is more expensive, has a speed guarantee lower than mine and a download speed range which is what I actually get now.

Closer to the cab...Closer to the cab...

£80+ and a 2 year contract with CPI + 3.9% built in increases on FTTC 😲

At least it comes with a 1p discount....

————————————————————-
Message 35 of 215

Go to solution

That’s crazy pricing 😳, especially given the price rise clause built in - I’m happy on halo 3+ , I don’t see any similar to that - with the “free upgrade” to 100mb - so I’ll sit and wait!

Message 36 of 215

Go to solution

They really seem to be pushing Halo & the EE equivalent hard, but the pricing is ridiculous IMO. Better to buy a mesh system & a MiFi device & just load a SIM with data if you get a significant outage.

As for the benefit of a Qube "engineer", from what I see posted on here you may as well ask a kid from the local primary school computer club to come & have a look! 😁

Message 37 of 215

Go to solution

Question: I am contracted with BT for both TV and Broadband until 2025. Will I be able to move both across to EE right away (under a new contract) or will I have to wait until 2025?

I ask mainly because I have had nothing but trouble with the BT Pro TV Box, I use an Apple TV 4K anyways, and would prefer to just have the Apple TV option and cut out the Pro Box entirely.

Thanks!

Message 38 of 215

Go to solution

I rang up to see if any offers - they said no. Cancellation charges will apply - the call centre guy said that there aren’t any plans to switch  bt to ee whilst still in contract 

Message 39 of 215

Go to solution

@BenJones90wrote:

Question: I am contracted with BT for both TV and Broadband until 2025. Will I be able to move both across to EE right away (under a new contract) or will I have to wait until 2025?

Based on what we know so far, we believe all BT customers will be contacted at some point with offers to switch, we just don’t know when that will start (next week/renewal?).

Don't forget you will need to buy the EE Apple TV 4K box, you can’t use any existing hardware as far as we know at this stage.

————————————————————-
Message 40 of 215

Go to solution

@mirrors90wrote:

I rang up to see if any offers - they said no. Cancellation charges will apply - the call centre guy said that there aren’t any plans to switch  bt to ee whilst still in contract 

And yet reporters who attended the event earlier in the week were told that BT customers would start being contacted next week with offers to move.

It’s only the first hour or so, I’m sure much will happen over the next few weeks and months.

————————————————————-