cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 50

Re: Call Protect - last call number not showing

Thank you. I have done some research. Looks a good system. Is it something you have or have used?

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 50

@Clarkatron 

I've had a BT8500 set for around 10 years. In the early days it seemed a bit of a culture shock to genuine callers, who would often panic & hang up when asked to identify themselves. But that fairly quickly dissipated as the system became more widely used.

Spam/scam calls stopped overnight, or more accurately, didn't reach me.

Only issue is remembering to switch it off before requesting an authentication code from a bank or similar. They're obviously fully automated  & can't respond, so the call is never put through.

But these days they're largely redundant as the landline falls further & further into disuse.

Message 23 of 50

Thank you very much for your response. I've looked into the True call box as well you can purchase.  BT obviously have I'm assuming a tie in with the company to use their technology. So if the BT phones that use this give you the same facility then I think I will purchase. Unless the box gives you maybe additional features. And True Call  have been around a long time now and get good reviews. Thanks again 👍

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 50

Just had another call. Showed up on caller display and on 1471. Nothing showing on Call protect last numbers received! Come on BT!!! 

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 50

I've had four calls in the last four days one; two appeared on Call Protect and two didn't. Hopefully when the BT chap I spoke to calls me as agreed, he'll have some answers.

Message 26 of 50

Same here. So the issue persists. We will keep checking!

0 Ratings
Message 27 of 50

Don't know how this fits with everyone else's experience but is seems as though  the Last Call list has become the last UNKNOWN Call List. The other day I called from my mobile but the call didn't show up. Just checked in case there was a delay but still not there, although my mobile number was on the list from weeks ago. I just called from my backup SIM & that was recorded immediately. I then called again but the second call wasn't recorded.

So my hypothesis is that the list only records a number once. Which kind of makes sense as otherwise, a persistent spam call from the same number could completely fill the list, causing other calls to drop off.

Whether that's a change, it's always been like that or neither, I've no idea!

Message 28 of 50

Thanks for your input Guru! Unfortunately as you can see from my various other comments this doesn't fit with my various checks. In a nutshell, without boring you, I tried several calls the other day from my mobile which was a mixture of letting it ring then hanging up, ringing then answering my own call, ringing and leaving a message etc. There was no pattern. Some showed up and some didn't. My neighbour called several times in the last couple of weeks. They all showed up bar 2. 🥴

0 Ratings
Message 29 of 50

Yes, it's very random as to which calls show on Call Protect.  All calls show on the caller display fine.  Some of the calls are from regular family members some scam rubbish.  Hit and miss which show on the Call Protect recent calls

Message 30 of 50

Oh well, that's that idea shot down then! 😁