cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 321 of 406

Re: Can't update from McAfee to Norton

Go to solution

Hi @Anonymous and thanks for getting back.

I'm sorry using Chrome hasn't sorted this. Can you give us the error code / message you're seeing now? Can you post a screen shot of what you're seeing?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 322 of 406

Go to solution

Hi @DavidM 

Screenshot (5).png

When I click on the Support Tab I remain stuck on this screen.

Thanks for your help.

0 Ratings
Message 323 of 406

Go to solution

Thanks for the reply @Anonymous .

I'll need to get some advice on this from our tech guys. I'll need a few details first so I'll drop you a private message now so you can get in touch.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 324 of 406

Go to solution

Hi Neil

I am struggling to chage my username to my bt email address. I have come to a page that says Please upgrade your profile and asks me to put in my e-mail address to log on to my bt. I don't use my e-mail address but rather the first part of my e-mail address before the @ . When I put my bt e-mail address in it states this recovery e-mail should not match your bt username. My bt username for e-mail is my full e-mail address. If I use another e-mail address I have it states the password is not correct. Is this due to the fact that my bt username for my bt and my e-mail are different and so are the password? Is there a way to change it so I just have 1 bt user ID that does both? I joined bt around 15 years ago when the e-mail was linked to a company like AOL or something. Any help appreciated as I get the same message when trying to move to Norton

0 Ratings
Message 325 of 406

Go to solution

Hi @Watsgoingon, sorry that you're having a problem Changing your BTID Username to an Email Address. 

Please will you check you are following the steps in the link above and let me know how you get on?

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 326 of 406

Go to solution

i cant install virus protect on my device, when i click switch to norton i get server error your changes cant be saved try again later, that is all im getting how do i fix this ive tried everything ive come across so far

0 Ratings
Message 327 of 406

Go to solution

@John It worked - Changing my username to an e-mail address has solved the issue. Going to try and download Norton if need be. Will come back if I experience any issues, thanks for your help.

0 Ratings
Message 328 of 406

Go to solution
thought I was the only one. Same probs in spades. Won't let me get BT Web Protect either as says I'm not the account holder, not much I'm not. Been mucked about so much by this changeover and got my head buzzing with multi passwords I don't know my arris from my elbow. Talked online with a Tech, he took control of my computer, reckoned it was all sorted and I was back to normal. I'm not. Pity I've just signed a new contract with BT or I'd be off, same as I did with their **bleep** TV service. You just get fed up with being mucked about. Glad to see I'm not the only one, just to prove it aint me, but feel sorry for all going thru this gigantic mismanagement **bleep** up. Good job I held on to the McAfee password thingy or I'd be right in the soup. When will BT inform us that they have a grip of this and are going to sort it???? Just wondering.
0 Ratings
Message 329 of 406

Go to solution
Need to find all the hidden files that uninstall does not remove. Cmd + shift + . Shows the hidden files, then trawl through the library for any ‘Mac’ files. Empty trash, restart, then hopefully...
0 Ratings
Message 330 of 406

Go to solution

If you are having a problem removing all the junk that is left behind by the McAfee uninstall process try downloading and running the free version of CCleaner. There is a version for Mac users and Windows users. 

Use the Custom Clean and Registry cleaner. If you get an option to back up the registry use that option. After doing that restart your computer and try installing Norton.

0 Ratings