cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 341 of 406

Re: Can't update from McAfee to Norton

Go to solution

I have been trying for hours also.  I was speaking to someone from BT but got disconnected !!!!

Been trying for over 30 mins to get back through to some one

0 Ratings
Message 342 of 406

Go to solution

@Oldie1 I'm really sorry about that, I have seen reports from other customers confirming that they're no longer getting that error so your issue may be a different problem. I'll send you a private message in a moment so you can get in touch with the moderation team. 

@Beppee I'm sorry there was a known server issue reported this afternoon that was fixed around 2 pm, can you try again and let me know if you need any help?

Thanks

Neil

Message 343 of 406

Go to solution

Thanks for the update about the server problems, I have just tried again and still getting server error.  I managed to get through to another person from BT but they were unable to help and decided to leave it for a few days and see if the problem gets fixed.  I tried a new password but that didn’t help.

0 Ratings
Message 344 of 406

Go to solution

Hi, 

I am too having an issue changing from McAfee to Norton. I am getting "server error" after selecting the change option under BT security. I have checked i am Account Holder. there is not help on line or FAQs section. it is very frustrating can anyone help please.

0 Ratings
Message 345 of 406

Go to solution
I am going to buy McAfee when BT stops it, can’t be bothered with the hassle and can’t install it.
Message 346 of 406

Go to solution

I'm also thinking of maybe buying McAfee as I hate now having Norton on my laptop. Even if it is free for being with BT.

Darren

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 347 of 406

Go to solution

For £28 a year I can get McAfee and save myself spending hours on BTs total mess.  That company is using users as beta testers.   Shameful.

Message 348 of 406

Go to solution

I've finally given up.  Going back to McAfee and will take the hit on the fee.  Insult to injury is that I've just had a msg from BT to tell me that my monthly fee is going up and yet when I asked to be released from my contract it would cost me.  They change it at will but I can't.   I'll be off once Feb 23 arrives, same as I did with my BT TV service, went to Sky.

BT 4 - S4Brains 0

0 Ratings
Message 349 of 406

Go to solution

I've given up.  Going back to MAfee and will take the hit on the fee.  BT putting their monthly bill up too, now that's adding insult to injury if ever there was. To be honest I'm just relieved that I'm not the only one with the problem and it proves to me that BT haven't a clue what they're doing.  Good job I'm already grey.  Good luck to you all with the same problem, you'll need it.

0 Ratings
Message 350 of 406

Go to solution

Thanks for your replies, I tried again today and it worked, seamlessly and took literally minutes….  maybe 10 minutes. If it wasn’t for yesterday’s experience I would be impressed. The problem seemed to be the link to Norton’s website was not working, resulting in “server error” message. I’ve used Norton previously and was happy with it before. Phew all ok, so I would suggest anyone who has experienced the same issue to try again, and yes you need to me the registered “Account Holder”.

0 Ratings