Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 46

Re: Noise margin change and speed loss

Go to solution
Thanks for your reply,
O yes it was 18 months ago! haha
I did the quiet line test and cant hear anything. I only rebooted my router once the speed had dropped to 54.999 to see if it was the router playing up, I wont reboot it again. I was told last time that its best to just leave it to see if my original speed came back, it didn't. So does it look like im stuck with 54.99 now? Also isn't a 7.5 noise margin high? I remember when i was like 3.5 a few years ago.

Thanks
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 46

Go to solution
54.999 Mbps - This stat looks locked at that speed. I am on fibre 2 but do you think ive been given fibre 1 speed for some reason? Can bt please run a line test. I'm quite anoyed about losing so much speed.
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 46

Go to solution

you you had been moved to fibre 1 then up speed would be restricted to 10mb and it is at 12mb

have you tried using the test socket with a filter to see if that helps your connection and post new stats - especially attainable speed which is currently only 59mb

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 46

Go to solution
I will try the test socket now, Could a mod on here do a DLM reset would that help?
0 Ratings
Message 15 of 46

Go to solution

from your stats there is nothing to suggest a DLM reset is needed - normally after a fault has been found with engineer visit

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 16 of 46

Go to solution

statsTEST.JPG

These stats are plugged into the test socket, the stats suggest there was a firmware update last night, could this effect it? Is there any way for a mod to do a line test for me at least?

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 46

Go to solution
Can a mod not reset it so my line target like 3.5?
0 Ratings
Message 18 of 46

Go to solution

A DLM reset won't give you a target of 3.5 and cannot be forced.

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 46

Go to solution
Ok, but does whats happened to my stats suggest theres a fault on my line somewhere. Is a 7.5 noise margin normal?
0 Ratings
Message 20 of 46

Go to solution

If you think there is a fault on your line then report it to CS 150 and get engineer visit

0 Ratings