cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

Re: BT Smart home cam

@DanielS @DavidM come on guys this is still happening. Can you outline a detailed account of what Dev has royally screwed the app? This is a serious hazard as I can no longer use your product to monitor my baby. What is going on? Why can't I use your app??

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

I haven't got any Smart devices, but just installed the app as a test on a Google Pixel3 and not seeing the problem.

I would think there would be many more posts if it was a general problem.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Sage advice. "It works on my machine"

Im on a pixel 4. Nothings changed. No extra apps downloaded just general everyday use of my phone.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

"It works on my machine" is a perfectly valid comment indicating it isn't a universal problem and is something unique to your configuration. 

There have been no other posts either which would also tend to confirm it isn't a widespread problem.

I'm afraid I can't offer any further advice, but will flag the thread to the mods in case they can offer any suggestions.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Try telling it works on my machine to a UX Dev, or someone who's paid a lot of money to use the product. If you're doing your job properly you test on multiple devices.

I haven't done anything in particular to cause a special case, just downloaded and used the system. If there is an issue with my configuration there better be a good reason as to why that isn't documented after spending a lot of money on the product

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Hi @ElRaymond, welcome to the forum, and sorry this is not working for you. 

It would be best for you to contact the Smart Home Cam Helpdesk directly and they'll be able to help you with this. The contact details are in the link.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

Thanks @JohnC2 for pointing me in the right direction. 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Still never worked on my Samsung S21, but tbh, I've given up. Something odd in the system that it's throwing this rooted device error message for various users at various times - but BT doesn't seem that motivated to find the root cause!

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Thanks @Paul32 there's definitely a bug and it's probably a relatively edge case scenario.

But there's 100% an issue with the software, whether they acknowledge it or not. Classic, "It's working on my machine" is why they're in this situation

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Just a long shot, are you using a VPN?

0 Ratings