cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 20

Being told there is no fibre broadband at new house

Go to solution

Hi, looking for some help if possible. I am moving home on 28th June, I’ve just renewed my BT contract for broadband, phone & BT Sport which was due to expire on June 21st.

The home I’ve bought, according to BT online states that I can receive Fibre at a guaranteed stay fast speed of 48Mb (as if I’m signing up as a new customer).

Any way, after agreeing a new contract verbally over the phone, I logged into my BT app & it says I will have a download speed of 2-5Mb with a stay fast guarantee of 1Mb which is outrageous.

I called BT again today & spoke to somebody different who tells me there is no Fibre available in this area & it’ll be a copper connection which seems like BS to me. It’s a relatively new build housing estate which is not in a rural location.

I’ve done the well known broadband checker online & got these results for my new home:

D9E7DB95-F185-4091-975C-EE0F708269CA.jpeg

Can somebody let me know if it looks like FTTC looks possible. I am getting a new landline activated on June 13 at this property. The broadband goes active the same day too but 2-5 Mb is not going to be sufficient. I have read elsewhere that a week or so after the phone line goes active, if I call back they will say I can get Fibre. 

Any help or advice greatly appreciated.

0 Ratings
19 REPLIES 19
Message 2 of 20

Re: Being told there is no fibre broadband at new house

Go to solution

Yes, you have FTTC there. It is VDSL in that table. It looks as if your BT app thinks you only have ADSL2+. What does your online BT Home a/c say you've got for your BB?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 20

Go to solution
Broadband
Broadband Unlimited Halo 3
Your broadband should start before 23:59 on: 13 Jun 2022

We'll be in touch to confirm this date soon.

Your contract is for: 24 months, starting when your service starts

How fast will it be?
2 - 5
Mbps
Your estimated download speed
Mbps
Your estimated upload speed

Your Stay Fast Guarantee
Your Stay Fast download speed is: 1Mbps
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 20

Go to solution

are you using the BT moving home facility and moving your existing contract form old home to new home.

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 20

Go to solution
Could it be that they have no space?
Too many houses connected to the cabinet?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 20

Go to solution

I used the BT moving home facility yes but I agreed the home move & new contract over the phone.

my current home (where I am renting at the moment is in the countryside & is even slower broadband).

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 20

Go to solution

I would expect the existing connection terminates when you move into your home and get connected.  is there not an existing openreach connection in the new home

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 20

Go to solution

The line at the new property has been shut off I believe.

We have been issued with a new phone number which will go active there on 13 June

I am just really hoping we are able to get fibre there. I’m not even fussed about FTTP. 

FTTC would more than suffice.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 20

Go to solution

No, that tables shows FTTC (VDSL) is "Available".

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 20

Go to solution

So I should be able to get it once I move in & my current package & line are/is activated?

The girl on the phone said it could be that no more connections are permitted at that cabinet. Does that sound possible?

She said to call back a week after my line is activated & see what they say. If I can’t get fibre then I am going to cancel it & order Starlink.

0 Ratings