cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Connection dropping

Recently I seem to be experiencing what appears to be intermittent dropping of my connection. I have noticed an orange light on the Smart Hub 2, and my power line adaptor often also loses the signal. The main symptom which prompts me to check is when IPlayer freezes.

Is there any way of monitoring how often this happens, i.e. are there connection logs stored in the hub?

If not, can I get a report from BT?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Connection dropping

go to hub manager then advanced settings then technical log then events then search for WAN and that should show drops/reconnections of internet

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 8

Thanks @imjolly

Checking the logs shows that the connection has dropped 8 times in the past 7 days. This seems rather a lot, I used to go for months without losing sync.

What would you advise my next step to be?

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

I would check you line for noise by dialing 17070 option 2 the line should be silent and best with corded phone - does not work if on digital voice

any noise report phone fault to 151 or 0800800151 from mobile

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

I have Digital Voice, is there any other way to check for a fault, or should I assume that the frequency of disconnection is sufficient to suggest a fault when I ring the helpline?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

if it happens daily does it happen about the same time suggesting a problem with something in your home.

you cannot check phone line with digital voice - I am assuming you have FTTC not FTTP

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

@imjolly 

It has happened 1 -2 times a day for 8 days in a row. I contacted support on the 21st, their records confirm this and have arranged for an engineer to check the connection from my master socket back to the exchange. 

Ever since I reported the problem, the connection hasn't dropped. I'm going to wait a few more days and if it remains stable I'll probably cancel the appointment rather than risk a 'no fault found' charge.

To confirm, I have FTTC.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

For your information, there is no such thing as a no fault found charge.

You would only be charged if it was a piece of your own equipment that you had fitted that was the cause of the problem or it was something to do with internal wiring.