cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Disconnected?

Go to solution

Hi all,

An openreach engineer was working on the pole that feeds our house around 12pm yesterday for a few hours and ever since we have had no landline/Internet service.

Is it usual practice to be left cut off and not be informed or do you think have they made a mistake somewhere?

I reported it through the text system and got a fault reference number, however when I log in to view the status it says no fault reported.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Disconnected?

Go to solution

@hifromrich 

Report it to BT as a fault on 0800 800 151.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Good morning @hifromrich

Thank you for your post and welcome back!

I am sorry for the fault with your services.  I understand this may have been caused by an engineer working close-by.  Give the number that @Keith_Beddoe has posted above a call, and the team will be able to help arrange the repair.

Let us know how you get on with this and if you do need further help, you know where we are 😊

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @hifromrich ,

Further to Robbie's post. If 151 can't help I'll be happy to take a look. Check your inbox for my message and drop me a reply if needed.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks all. I have called the number posted above and they confirm that after running tests there is a landline fault. I have been told by a neighbour that they overheard the engineers up the pole yesterday say "they are not going to be happy about this" which doesn't fill me with confidence.

They have given a 4 day timescale to look at a repair. Meanwhile i'm going to be chewing through my phone data 😞

Rich

Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks for the update @hifromrich .

Please keep us in the loop. We're here to help if needed.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Hi all,

Just an update. The engineer came out to us today, climbed the pole and fixed the fault in less than 10 minutes! Apparently the previous engineer that was working on the junction box had broken a connection by mistake.

Glad to be back online.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @hifromrich, thanks for the update and great news that you didn't have to wait 4 days to be reconnected.

Cheers

John