cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 15

FTTP - 500 to 900 Upgrade - Slowness Since Upgrade

I've read a few posts where others are having issues where they get slow upload speeds after being upgraded.  It sounds like a profile mismatch so wondering if someone can tell me what I need to get this looked into.

Since being upgraded my download speeds have improved but not the full 900, and my uploads are pegged at 70Mbps.  I also feel the realtime speed/use is slower than the 500Mbps as if there is a mismatch somewhere.  I was even watching a single 4K stream on Netflix the other night and it kept jumping down to 1080p (all hard wired devices).

For information i'm using my own router (Unifi UDM Pro), it's been 5-6 days now since being upgraded, all test equipment hard wired and both ONT & router has been rebooted several times.

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15

Re: FTTP - 500 to 900 Upgrade - Slowness Since Upgrade

Have you got "Smart Queues" turned on ?

smart queues.png

What are your speeds like on speedtest.net ?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 15

Smart queues are turned off. Speedtest rusults vary but generally sit around 700 down and max out at 70 up.

My ping is also double what I used to see. 

SPEEDTEST.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 15

Do you have any threat management turned on to detect , or detect and block or it turned off ?

Here is mine with Detect & Block (medium sensitivity)..

detect & block (medium sensitivity).png

Detect only (medium sensitivity) ..

detect only (medium sensitivity).png

Off ..

off.png

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 15

Normally I do, but I've turned it off.

I'm in the process of wiping the UDM-Pro.  So far it's looking positive as in the download speed is now 920Mbps (solid) but he upload is still pegged at 70Mbps.  It flips up to 110-120 for a blink of an eye then down to 70 again....  Small progress I guess.

Message 6 of 15

My upload won't budge...  Download has improved.

SPEEDTEST.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 15

+1 for the download 🙂
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 15

I just need to sort out the upload now....  For a brief second it hits around 111Mbps upload then drops down to around 70Mbps.  Accessing my NAS remotly or streaming Plex out of the house is almost impossible now.  Fairly confident it's an Openreach setting as it was fine on the 500 package.

Another test this morning.  It's consistently in this range.

SPEEDTEST.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 15

Hi @Dialupp, sorry you're not seeing the full upload. 

Please would you connect up the Smart Hub and post the stats from that. We may also need you to connect the Smart Hub again if we need to help you further with this. 

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 15

Connected BT Smarthub and it's the same.  No change (technically speedtest should be faster as no one else is connected to this router while I did this test).

SPEEDTEST BT ROUTER.jpg

0 Ratings