cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 23

Re: FTTP Installation

Go to solution

Overhead feed L2C ( lead to cash ) solution required, usually means there is something that would stop a regular install, typically a reason for this note is the existing dropwire attachment isn’t accessible without mitigation, like it’s on the side of a house above a flat roof, so not accessible without getting onto the flat roof , but there are many reasons why an alternative solution is needed , not just flat roofs .

TBH , a hoist required isn’t an alternative L2C solution, requiring a hoist is  simply ‘business as usual’ , if the survey indicated a hoist was needed , it wouldn’t say L2C alternative solution, it would actually state ‘hoist required’ , however the L2C techs may have reassessed  and decided themselves to arrange a hoist .

If all that’s needed is a hoist then it does seem somewhat puzzling as it’s not a big deal , normally arranged while the installer is on site , but even if the installer leaves site , the hoist puts the cable up , leaving a coil accessible for the installer to return and finish off .

Did the ONT ( inside the house ) and a CSP ( a block on the outside of the house ) get fitted ?

If BT are your provider, then they should be chasing Openreach, if there isn’t some other problem , then this delay seems odd , failed installations cost OR money in compensation to the ISP  , so generally they are treated with urgency 

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 23

Go to solution

Absolutely nothing has been done.

I've received the router, and that's it.  I received a message asking me to rate BT the day after I ordered the service.  Stupid as I had nothing on which to rate them.  I do now, but the link has expired.

It's as if they had a monopoly and therefore couldn't care less.  Oh, wait a minute...

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 23

Go to solution
Who has the monopoly ? , you have the choice of dozens of ISP’s , if your disapproval is such , you could cancel your FTTP order with BT ( with no penalty ) and order with someone else.
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 23

Go to solution

Nope!  Because if I'd gone to Vodafone or EE etc, I'd still have to put up with Openreach dicking about.

Read my posts again.  My main issue is that of lack of communication.  As I said previously, if BT had said sorry no one turned up then explained the situation, then it would have been an acceptable annoyance.  No one has contacted me and I've had to do all the chasing to find out what is going on.  That may be acceptable to you, but it is not to me!

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 23

Go to solution

So your ‘monopoly’ quip isn’t against BT but Openreach, yet you mentioned that you ( with hindsight ) should have used Virgin Media, so not even an Openreach monopoly.

As stated , your experience so far is unacceptable ( no one is arguing otherwise, especially not me ) , if all that’s needed is for OR to visit with a hoist , and they haven’t even done the parts of the installation that could be done without the hoist , like pre-fitting the CSP and ONT which  is normal practice  , is very odd , and why the failure to arrange the hoist quickly, something that is done ‘on the day’ probably hundreds of times a week by OR , is baffling.

BT as you provider should be keeping you advised, and should be pushing OR to respond.

The BT Mod has offered to assist, perhaps that will provide the push the job obviously needs 

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 23

Go to solution

Yes to the monopoly comment, however I'm aware of the relationship between BT and Openreach and the history behind it.

I'm a business software developer by trade and I have written a number of KPI related systems.  It takes very little effort to query a database of expected dates of an action against finalised dates or lack of, and fire off an email or a note to contact someone when there is a discrepancy.  Customer Services is partly about appeasement when things go wrong.  BT have failed in this respect.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 23

Go to solution

Another no show again today.

It has now been 5 weeks and 3 days since I placed the order and the only thing that has happened is the receipt of the router.

Is there anyone from BT on here who can shed some light on what is going on, and maybe kick someone up the **bleep** to get things actually moving, please?

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 23

Go to solution

Hi @Deadmonty,

I am so sorry that this is still ongoing and you don't appear to be getting the help or updates that you need.

We need to open a complaint for you and then get in touch with Openreach to find out what's happening.

I'm going to send you a private message that you can reply back to me on. Once you do, it will go into a queue that my team work from.

It will take us a couple of working days before we can get back in touch with you but we will do all we can to help you.

Thank you

DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 23

Go to solution

I have replied, and I thank you for taking this on.  I don't know if you work for BT or are an unpaid independent, but I appreciate the response.

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 23

Go to solution

@DanielS  is one of the BT mods. They have an extremely good record of resolving problems.