cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 23

FTTP Installation

Go to solution

Ordered BT FTTP on 4 July, with a visit booked for 19 July.  No one turned up.  Received no explanation, apology or new appointment.

My router arrived on 27 July.

Track my order shows engineer is here today, and every day but marked as unconfirmed.  This changes at midnight to reflect the change in date.

Is this normal, expected behaviour?

0 Ratings
22 REPLIES 22
Message 2 of 23

Re: FTTP Installation

Go to solution

Edit... Router arrived on 17 July 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 23

Go to solution

No, this is not normal. Give the FTTP team a ring, 0800 587 4787.

If you get through to normal CS hang up and try again. They are only a small team so may be busy. I'd suggest early morning but it can be a bit of a lottery.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 23

Go to solution

Thank you for replying.  I'll see if I can get through.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 23

Go to solution

I have been dialling that number constantly since 0855.  Quite literally since that time.

Dial, get automated response, hangup, redial with no pause.  Repeat.

This is absolutely not the way to treat customers.  Surely there must be an alternative way of getting through to someone, otherwise I am simply left in limbo until someone in BT wakes up and realises they've forgotten about my installation.

Beginning to wish I'd gone with Virgin now!!

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 23

Go to solution

Hi @Deadmonty

Welcome and thanks for your posts!

I am sorry for the delay with your Full Fibre installation.  We can pick up from here but it'd take us a few days to get round to picking up your case as we deal with cases strictly in turn as we receive them.

In the meantime, can you give my colleagues a call in the helpdesk on 0330 1234 150?  Post back and let me know how you get on.  If you're still having problems I'll reply with guidance on how you can get in touch with us and we'll get you sorted.

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 23

Go to solution

So I rang them and explained the situation.  Got cut off half way through the first conversation - charming.

Second call continued where the first left off - nice continuation system in place 

However, when I pointed out to both CS reps that it had now been three weeks since the initial appointment where no one turned up, I have heard absolutely nothing from BT. No apology or excuse.  The first thing both reps did was to point me in the direction of their Terms and Conditions.  No sorry, or something has gone wrong but we'll fix it.  This to me translates as "just because we said we'd do it, doesn't mean we're going to do it, or even have to".  

If BT had messaged after the 19 July appointment failed to materialise and said it's gone a bit **bleep** up but we'll fix it, that would have been annoying but acceptable.

So, OpenReach were contacted by the BT rep and they said they were coming out early this morning to do the first part of the installation.  Of course, they haven't.  I did get excited when I heard a vehicle outside idling at 8 am, but that was short lived when realised it was a courier for next door.

However, the day is still young(ish) and they might still turn up.  I won't be holding my breath.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 23

Go to solution

Yet another no show! 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 23

Go to solution

What return does your address show on this checker site 

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

It could be that your address instal process is KCI2 assure  ( so a two stage install ) , check the survey notes ( a fully ducted property show something like shown below , yours may be different )  post what the checker shows for your address , 

Our records show the following FTTP network service information for these premises:-Single Dwelling Unit Residential UG Feed with no anticipated issues.

If your address is something like ‘partial direct in ground’ , then there could be significant ‘civils’ work required,  that’s no excuse for not being kept advised ( KCI is normally BT speak for ‘ keeping customer informed ‘ ) but  would explain why there is a delay

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 23

Go to solution

Our records show the following FTTP network service information  for these premises. Single dwelling unit residential.  OH feed alternate L2C solution required.

In the table above it, it shows a max downstream of 1000 Mbps and upstream of 220 Mbps.

FTTP install process - 1 stage.

Openreach have already stated that they simply need to string a cable across from the pole to the house using a hoist. The pole is on the same side of the road and approx 15m away.

This is stuff they knew from the initial survey on 14 July.

0 Ratings