cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 14

Fibre 900 Speeds

I've noticed my download and upload speeds have been stuck at 450/10 again after posting a similar problem back in November and having it fixed back then. Speeds to the hub via the BT app show the full speeds of 900/110 but no matter how I test it with an ethernet cable to my PC it always comes back as around 450/10. I've tried leaving the hub on for weeks, tried resetting it, tried turning the ONT off and on and nothing has helped

image.pngimage.png

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Re: Fibre 900 Speeds

What type of network adapter are you using?  480 is a common maximum speed for USB2 Ethernet adapters so it could be that your equipment is giving you a false reading

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 14

Intel® Ethernet Controller I211

image.png

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 14

It just seems like too much of a coincidence that you're getting 480Mbps which just so happens to be the theoretical maximum data transfer rate of USB2.

Can you confirm that your machine is connected directly to your hub using just one RJ45 Ethernet cable and no intermediary devices

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 14

It seems somebody must have seen this post and turned off my throttling because I haven't touched a single thing since this post and all of a sudden I have the full speeds 🤔

image.pngimage.png

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 14

😂

Honestly.  Do they think most are stupid? 🤣  Most might be?, but not all 😉

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 14

Unacceptable, flipping the switch like it's some funny game

image.pngimage.png

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 14

Bear in mind you are sharing a 2.5Gbps link with up to 29 other customers.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 14

@kayfour 

This is a very old thread now and maybe completely irrelevant but I'll let you decide that.

Fibre 900 - speeds all over the place - BT Community

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 14

Honestly where is this myth about throttling coming through, BT don't throttle your connection, I love how everything is always BT's fault. BT have no idea who or where you are from a post on here, lol