cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 17

Fibre 900 upload speed reduced to 50Mbps after factory reset

Go to solution

I've  had problems with download/upload speeds for over a month, so I raised a fault with BT. Part of the diagnostics was to factory reset the BT hub/router (30th September). Since then the upload speed has been reduced to around 50 Mbps. Today (5th October) an Openreach engineer came and replaced another part, and the download speed have improved, however the upload still appears to be capped. I had this issue quite a while back and the fibre team did something. Can anybody assist?

To be clear the factory reset was done about 4 days ago.

0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17

Re: Fibre 900 upload speed reduced to 50Mbps after factory reset

Go to solution

the FTTP team a ring they will be able to sort it out for you.

0800 5874 787

Message 3 of 17

Go to solution

Thanks for the help, sadly I don't have the time to wait on the phone, I have tried. Hopefully somebody will read this post and email or phone me.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 17

Go to solution

Hi @pmarshal, welcome back. Has your BT hub been continuously connected for the last 3 days?

cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 17

Go to solution

5 days 2 hours, I should probably mention that digital phone has not reconnected either 😞

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 17

Go to solution

Hi @pmarshal, thanks for replying back. 

As the Digital voice has not come back it may be best to reset the router again to see if that gets it working.

I've sent you a Private Message so you can get in touch with the team and we'll be happy to help you with the upload and DV if the above doesn't work.

Cheers

John 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 17

Go to solution

Hi John, I've responded to your private message. On one of the calls to BT I was told a replacement hub was the next stage, and that I shouldn't do multiple factory resets. Are you suggesting I restart the hub?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 17

Go to solution

Hi @pmarshal, yes if you would restart the hub as the Digital Voice should be ok and hopefully it'll fix that. 

Just need to do it the once and if you need help with the DV after that then we'll pick up it also when we get to your case if it doesn't fix it.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 17

Go to solution

Hi John,

Restart done, DV is still showing as 'Not Configured', it was working fine before the factory reset.

Upload is still around 50 Mbps

Thanks...Paul.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 17

Go to solution

Hi @pmarshal, thanks for trying that. I was hoping it would fix the DV but knew it wouldn't help with the upload. Leave it with us and one of the team will be in touch to fix these issues for you.

Cheers

John