cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

Full fibre install

Good morning!

I am due a full fibre in stall, but I have a driveway with block paving.

I'm a bit apprehensive about them digging up the driveway and not laying it as before, I've just paid a lot of money to have to it done! 

The full fibre went live literally a few days after the drive way was completed. I was wondering if anyone knew if they would attach the cable to the wall running along my property.

When I used to work for Virgin media this is what they would do. I have had one Open reach engineer come out but he wasn't too sure if they would or not. I have attached photos of the drive to show.

Untitled.jpg

Any help would be appreciated.

Dave

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Full fibre install

do you have an openreach phone line and if so is that fed from a pole or underground to your home?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Thanks for the reply, it's fed over the telegraph pole

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

so is the fibre  not coming from the Poles like a lot of people rather than underground

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Is that fresh looking scar in the footway a result of the civils work for Openreach FTTP and has a ‘Toby’ box similar to what VM use been placed outside your property , or possibly on the boundary of you and a neighbour so it could feed 2 addresses, there isn’t one visible on your photo.
Is it someone else’s ‘scar’ or was pre-existing ?,
Usually if an area is currently fed overhead then FTTP would also be overhead , so if it’s an OR scar it could be to get the optical cable to the pole , but the style of house suggests a period when armoured direct in the ground ( DIG) cables were the norm, but if you currently have a dropwire from a pole , then it’s pretty certain that the FTTP will be an optical dropwire , and your driveway won’t be disturbed.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

This is photos of the outside of the property received_904418190958714.jpegreceived_483482363465936.jpeg

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

It's a fresh FTTP the property install, I live in a Village and it's just literally come live. 

The open reach engineer that was sent hadn't a clue. Seems like he'd never installed full fibre before, they are going to arrange another appointment. 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

OK so it’s underground feed, it should say something like  ( UG feed to curtilage, hard )  ,if you enter your details here

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If the wall to the left as you look from the road is where those duct caps are, it can be used AFAIK, cable on wall( COW) ..if they attach the cable to that wall , at the garage next door , is probably your neighbours wall and strictly a wayleave would be needed , but if there is a route to your property that wouldn’t be a trip hazard they may well do that, especially if you don’t want any  part of the drive taking up and reinstating,

If the duct covers are to the right of the drive then the block paving may have to be disturbed

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Sorry for them to attach a cable to the garage wall they have to ask permission? For cable clips? 🤣

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

It may seem ludicrous, and they may well wing it anyway, but officially yep an agreement ( wayleave) should be obtained if it’s the neighbours wall , but it looks like there could be a cable route avoiding it anyway , if it’s the left hand side of your property
0 Ratings