cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Full fibre installation

Go to solution

I am having full fibre installed in a couple of weeks and want to prepare the cable route into my house myself.  Does anyone know what size hole needs to be drilled?  Also does the inside box need to go directly opposite the outside box or can I put it anywhere as long as I can get the cable to it and it has a power source?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Full fibre installation

Go to solution

try google search

this one find    https://www.openreach.com/help-and-support/full-fibre-broadband-installation-checklist

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

I got Full Fibre installed last year and drilled the hole myself, I used a 6mm Drill and that was perfect.

The fibre is not terminated on one end so is just fed from the inside and then spliced in the CSP outside.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

The inside box (ONT) does not need to be directly opposite the outside one (CSP), as long as a power source is available. The fibre cable will then be routed along the outside to point of entry from the CSP. Ideally the ONT will be mounted to an outside wall otherwise the engineer could refuse the install.

Why do you think drilling the hole yourself will be better than the engineer doing it?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution
Thank you
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Thank you for the advice, it is going to be  a little more challenging than I thought due to the layout of my property.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Don't forget you can run a CAT5e (or above) ethernet cable from the ONT to the router (or from the router) up to 100mtrs to wherever you need it.

0 Ratings