cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

MJ Quinn damaged my property

Go to solution

Just had Smart Hub 2 fitted along with Digital phone. Installer permanently damaged my Satellite Dish with his ladder and didn't tell me! I only found out when the TV didn't work 10mins later, he had stuffed the broken receiver behind the dish.

Complained to BT but they are not interested . . . . . . . Great start to a contract eh. Anyone any ideas how to deal with it, help would be much appreciated.

Paul

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: MJ Quinn damaged my property

Go to solution

Have you tried contacting openreach

https://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/submitFeedbackLoggedInUser.do

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

BT phone response

Go to solution

BT texted me to let me know they would call me between 9am & 11am today. So I sat by the phone and lo and behold, no call. In fact I have had 2 complaints open during this week and I have called BT several times but they never return calls.

What is the point!!

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Re: BT phone response

Go to solution

Hi @StrictlyP I'm really sorry the agreed callback was missed, I've merged both your posts together so the community can keep track of what's happening.  When you called previously did the helpdesk report the damage to Openreach?

I'll send you a private message so you can raise this with the community moderators and we'll be happy to help.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Re: MJ Quinn damaged my property

Go to solution
Email the Chief Executive. Any time I meet the BT customer disservice I do that and it always gets a prompt personal reply. Recently received an email on a Sunday, who does that??
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Phone number ongoing problems

Go to solution

9 days ago BT (or Outreach / MJ Quinn) installed my Smarthub 2 and changed my phone to Digital Voice. My phone number which I use for my business was changed, I didn't want it changed, they didn't ask but did it anyway! I have had no home phone for 9 days now, BT was supposed to change it back yesterday (Tuesday), and I'm not surprised it didn't happen and now it just says "Sorry there is a problem with your phone".

So far BT have never called me back when they promised, damaged my property via a sub-contractor which I paid to have repaired at £130 (I'll be lucky to get that back) and changed my phone number which I used for my business!!

My return to BT has been a disaster!

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Re: Phone number ongoing problems

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

I have moved your post onto this thread as posting about the same issue multiple times cause confusion and duplication.

Have you contacted the moderators as requested? If not please do that and if you have, re contact them and advise them of the above issue.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Hi Jac 95,

Thank you, sorted it myself! They didn't tell me I had to reset the hub to clear the phone problem, a simple text or phone call would have sorted it.

Thanks for your help

Paul