cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

No speed change after Fibre 2 upgrade

Go to solution

My contract recently ended and I was led to believe fibre 2 would be an upgrade. It's been a couple of days since the service activated and I set the new hub up, but the speed is no different. I've already looked into this a bit and am aware that the line can only support a certain speed, but I would have hoped they'd only sell me an upgrade if they knew it was actually going to be one. 

I just did a test and am getting 50 / 8.5 at the moment (wired connection to hub). After looking at other threads, I saw people were requesting the hub settings be checked. I had a look and mine says

Maximum data rate:18.493 Mbps / 61.374 Mbps

Was hoping for some advice on what I might be able to do about this? I know BT normally say it takes up to 10 days for speeds to settle. Is that genuinely something that makes a difference? I don't want to wait 10 days just to find I'm not going to get any faster, then it leaves very little time to cancel during the cooling off period. 

Thanks

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: No speed change after Fibre 2 upgrade

Go to solution

in order to help can you enter your phone number or address if on digital voice and post results

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

can you also post the stats from your hub

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

Hi

The link you posted didn't work for me, it said the site couldn't be reached. I searched for an alternative page and found this one, so hopefully it's the right one. I don't have a BT phone line.

speed.JPG

and here are the stats. Please just let me know if you need anything different. 

image_2023-10-23_101838244.png

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

you are still on fibre 1 as can be seen with connection speed limited to 55/10mb

i have asked mods to help and they will post here

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

@drid50  Have you checked your MyBT products? That will confirm whether or not you have actually been moved over to Fibre 2 and you are on a new contract period.

Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @drid50, sorry you've not seen a speed increase since changing to fibre 2. 

Check what @Carlusha has said that your order has completed as that could be the reason if it hasn't completed yet.

If it's completed I've sent you a Private Message so you can get in touch with the Mod team and we'll be happy to help you get this resolved.

Cheers

John

Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

Thanks john, the account info says Fibre 2, so I will respond to your PM now

Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

The upgrade to F2  ( once it’s progressed , assuming it hasn’t been done yet ) given that F1 is 55Mb , and your max attainable is 63Mb , after allowing for overheads etc , your throughput speed ( when using speed testers etc ) is not likely to show that much improvement , possibly around the  high 50’s -60Mb range .

The  DSL checker ( the link works OK for me ) will provide a prediction for the speed you should expect ,

If 63 Mb is lower than the predicted speed you may have an issue, (the noise margin doesn’t look great on your router stats )  if the prediction is reasonable, then you may not see much difference ‘real world difference’ between F1 and F2 , there is potentially more ‘benefit’  in the upload speed which may be make the change worth it 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @drid50, thanks for getting in touch and the order to correct your broadband profile has been completed.
You should see the improved upload and a slight improvement in your download.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

Thanks john, seems to be okay now.

0 Ratings