cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

ONT location

Oh what a dilemma it is moving provider.  Open reach coming 16th Aug.  My TV,  and hopefully my router will be in the rear room at the back of the house, I have space on the wall behind the TV  for the ONT bix and it is the only place I have double sockets currently free.  I would like the cable to come in via the back wall as then only 1 hole to drill near the sockets.  Does anybody know if they can do that, possibly running cable around outside wall to entry point.  If not this could be a deal settler.

Thanks 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: ONT location

Hopefully sorted as new location selected same room but where it should be easy to run cable inside the house. Fingers crossed
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Within reason cable can be routed on an outside wall and enter the house at a convenient point. 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings icon. If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted solution’
Message 4 of 7

Thanks, thought it would be but think I've now figured a way inside that will work.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

They’ll need to drill 3 holes inside.

2 for the screws to hold the ONT in place and one to the outside for the cable.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Maybe 4 inmy case as may have to go through an internal wall
Thanks
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

@spd1954  Then your solution complictes the issue as the external sheath needs stripping from point of entry = more work for engineer which he/she may not consider necessary.

Bottom line, keep it simple.

0 Ratings