cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Sagging cable

Go to solution

My fibre line was installed in February2022.  The line comes from a pole down the road and since the recent bad weather I've noticed that it has sagged noticeably from its original position.  There was a lot of frozen snow for about a week which settled onto the line and didn't move.  The connection is fine, so is this issue just something that occurs naturally over time?  It crosses several houses/drives/cars etc. before reaching the eaves of my roof.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Sagging cable

Go to solution

You would need to report that to Openreach who are responsible for the infrastructure.

Report damage, vandalism or a health & safety issue | Openreach

Given that the cable is still in situ and your service is still working they may decide not to do anything about it at least in the short term.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

I seem to recall reading that drops must be a minimum of 3m above ground.

Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Correct. Minimum of 3m crossing private land, fields etc. If its crossing a road however it must be a minimum of 5.5m. Newer network build preferably closer to 5.9m 

Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks for the replies.  It's about 4.5 meters, I reckon so I'll leave it until it sags a bit more.  Is this likely to affect my connection eventually - the saggy bit is very near to a tree branch.  Is this a common issue?  It was very tight originally when fitted last February but it clearly didn't like having ice on it for nearly a week.

0 Ratings