cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13

Upload speed < 0.5mbps

Hi everyone. 

I recently upgraded to fibre 100 broadband. The min download speed is great, minimum > 70mbps, I'll need to set up the mini discs a bit better (another post for that one!) however, my upload speed rarely goes above 0.5mbps.

Its beginning to affect my working from home. Is there any reason I'd get good download speeds but really low upload speeds?

Thanks in advance! 

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: Upload speed < 0.5mbps

Hi @Teeks91 Which speed test are you using?

Message 3 of 13

Hello @VeteranISPUser,

I varied between the Google tester and the one on the my BT app. Screenshot or the results are below :

Edit, screenshots actually included this time

wired Testwired TestWired TestWired TestTest on Wifi - BT AppTest on Wifi - BT App

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 13

can you do the speed test using an ethernet connection and post results

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 5 of 13

Hi @imjolly ,

Of course, the results when connected by ethernet are below:

Google Speed Test - Ethernet ConnectedGoogle Speed Test - Ethernet ConnectedBT Wholesale Speed Test - Ethernet ConnectedBT Wholesale Speed Test - Ethernet Connected

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 13

if only recently moved to fibre 100 have you tried phoning the FTTP TEAM 08005874787 and see if they can help with your speed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 13

Not yet. I tried speaking to the online help, which told me to turn the modem (?) off and on again, which i did. It didn't make any difference. 

I'll call them now and respond with an update shortly. Thanks for your responses!

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 13

Hi @Teeks91 and thanks for posting.

I'd be interested to know if this gets sorted so please keep us updated.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 13

Hi, this is the issue I've had since installation in December. Multiple engineer visits and new equipment didn't make a difference. Posted in here and was being sent to another team and so far today it's been 5+ rather than 0.5 but still not hitting the 10 minimum for my package 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 13

There is no minimum speed for any package, not sure where you get the 10M from.

0 Ratings