cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 49

Re: much slower quoted speed than neighbours - cabinet full ?

Go to solution

It's quite near the station, served by cabinet 12 according to DSL checker.

I don't think it's a town wide problem, just seems to be my property, even though neighbours either side and opposite are fine. I guess they took all the slots...

Cityfibre has recently dug up the street, but can't hold my breath for that as it can take ages to come live.

I'm feeling quite disheartened at my luck with this particular property.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 49

Go to solution
Cityfibre has been doing a lot of work in the area. Last time I was down there they was digging up at the Cox Green end of Shoppenhangers Road/Ockwells Park
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 49

Go to solution

Yes they are digging all around this area currently.

I would happily stay with BT though, I'm just hoping there is a simpler solution to the speeds  being so low. It seems every other house of the street is connected to fibre but mine.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 49

Go to solution

All the other houses have taken all the ports in the cabinet there is no port left for you. Until one becomes spare, there is no solution

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 49

Go to solution

Just because a particular cabinet has no ports spare today is no indication of it having no spare ports tomorrow, there will always be a certain amount if ‘churn’ , as people move out if addresses served by that cabinet , move to alternative providers, become a ‘mobile only’ household etc., who is to say that the address you are moving into had ( or maybe still has ) one of the FTTC ports in use , and that port was either recently made spare and was allocated to someone that may have also seen ‘waiting list’  initially, or perhaps the current occupant hasn’t yet advised their provider they are moving out , and when they do their port will become spare ( this assumes you are not moving into an address that has been vacant for months so unlikely to have had a recent working Openreach based service )  , basically there is no reason to assume there is no prospect of FTTC availability in the future, there probably will be.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 49

Go to solution

Thank you for your comments. I definitely have hope. 

I guess I'll just keep chasing bt every week. 

At the moment I've initiated a move on my current contract, which at the new house has a stayfast of 5download.  

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 49

Go to solution

@whynotaskwrote:

I guess I'll just keep chasing bt every week. 

There is no avenue to "chase" BT & it's not their issue anyway, as it's Openreach capacity. All you can do, as already stated, is constantly monitor the DSL checker & place an upgrade order as soon as it shows availability. On the plus side, as there's no actual queue, you can theoretically grab the very next available port. But then so can anyone else, so the onus is on you to keep checking. But it's also possible it could be months/years before a port becomes free, or someone else simply gets there first.

Message 18 of 49

Go to solution

Just checked the dsl checker and the 'wbc sogea availability' has just changed from waiting list to available! 

The 'wbc fttc availability' still shows unavailable.

Gonna try and call BT to see if I can get a 'slot'  though my activation date is a few days away! 

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 49

Go to solution

Because of the WLR/PSTN stop sell ( telephony if wanted has to be DV/VoIP ) then the checker shows FTTC SoGEA ( single order generic ethernet access) available and WBC FTTC ( wholesale broadband connect ) not available, this is exactly what you would expect .

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 49

Go to solution

Oh right, so it's related to phone lines rather than fibre 'slot' availability! 

Thanks for clarifying, got my hopes up about broadband...

0 Ratings