cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 22

Transfer to EE without consent

Go to solution

A very elderly person I know rang BT as she was having problems with the mobile.  They were transferred to someone else (almost certainly an EE "Sales person", who said I am sending you a new SIM.  They said "I don't want a new SIM".  The  EE salesperson then said sorry it is too late I have "pressed the button".  The elderly person then was sent a SIM by post and on their BT account they now have a new contract with an end date of Sept 25.  Rang BT who said "nothing we can do - you will have to phone EE".  This elderly person never rang EE, never asked for a new SIM or contract and was transferred to EE without consent or request.  This smells rotten.

Any others out there ?? 

0 Ratings
21 REPLIES 21
Message 2 of 22

Re: Transfer to EE without consent

Go to solution

@Boris1 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Retail phone and broadband customers.

It may be worth posting on the EE forum.

https://community.ee.co.uk/

However, bear in mind that all BT mobile users are being moved to EE, so there is nothing unusual about that.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 22

Go to solution

Make a formal complaint. Even if all BT customers are being moved to EE they had no right to do this if it involved starting a new contract especially if the customer did not consent to the new contract.

I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They will advise you by posting on this thread.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 22

Go to solution

As a BT customer I appreciate the real efforts put in by this company to have a focus on customers - this has improved the previous poor customer ratings it had.

One event like this puts it all back.  A previous poster stated in reply to me noted "nothing unusual here - move on".  I would say a culture in a company where someone (clearly very elderly on the phone rings about a fault) that they are then transferred to another company (EE) and that person then does not address the fault but puts them on a new contract and sends out a new SIM - despite that person saying "no - I do not want a new SIM"; and then saying sorry all too late: presumably then tells BT that they have had a sale (so a new contract with a new end-date appears on the BT account - and the mobile account is no longer accessible); is not doing the "right thing" and if it is not "unusual" then someone needs to change things.

PS - thank you for your reply

Message 5 of 22

Go to solution

This is just a customer to customer help forum, everyone here, including myself, are just customers.

The only BT Employees are the forum moderators, who may read your comments.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 22

Go to solution

Dear Keith

Thank you -- much appreciated.

I think it is a really good idea to have this..

BW

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 22

Go to solution

Hi @Boris1

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

I'm sorry to learn this has happened to your friend. I'm afraid with it being EE Mobile this isn't something our Moderation team can help with I would as suggested by Keith, I'd recommend contacting the EE Community or raising it with EE directly by calling 150 from an EE mobile or 07953 966 150 from any other phone. They should be able to investigate this order for you.

Sorry, I can't offer more help unfortunately as it's been moved over to EE mobile it's on a system we don't have access to.

Thanks.

Stuart

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 22

Go to solution

Sorry @StuartH , I think this is a pretty poor response. This is BT not EE responsibity.

The BT Team have, according to the poster, transferred a customer from BT to EE without the customers consent. I agree with @gg30340 that an official complaint should be raised and someone with access to both systems can sort this out.

Stew

Message 9 of 22

Go to solution

Hi @StewM 

I certainly can agree it does need someone with both systems, this is why I recommended contacting EE as BT Mobile moved into EE more chance someone with access to both systems can give this the correct attention it deserves to get a resolution.

Stuart

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 22

Go to solution

But the customer needs to raise a complaint to get it rectified. The potential error is on BT side not EE’s side. They can try to raise a complaint with EE but as EE are not at fault, EE will refer back to BT.

Customer needs to be raising complaint with BT, not contacting EE.

Stew