cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 33

Re: BT Broadband to EE 1.6Gbps product

@Ben36551  As you are now out of contract (and paying more) would it not be beneficial to switch now and upgrade in March?

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 33

As with the original poster I wanted to switch from BT 900 to the new EE 1.6. Rang EE yesterday and they took my order confirming there would be no early cancellation fee from BT. I’ve since had an email and text from BT saying ‘sorry your leaving, your early termination fee will be £519’!

Does anyone have a link to any statements confirming that switching from BT to EE will not incur termination fees?

Another issue that has arisen, EE on the phone confirmed that I would be able to keep my standard BT Email after switching. BT’s farewell email says I will downgrade to Basic email after 60 days. Has anyone had the same experience?

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 33

@Drscoity 

you appear to have received the standard 'sorry you are leaving' email without realising it is a switch to EE.  you should not incur cancellation charges and you get to maintain your BT email address

I thought existing customers could nt switch to 1.6gb service just now  only new EE customers

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 24 of 33

I've already started a post about that, and they would only let me switch if I PAID more for the same speed, which is the 900mb Halo 3 package.
Because I had the same thought, one and the same company, it would be easy to take my current contract with me, as well as making use of the EE Black Friday offer.
0 Ratings
Message 25 of 33

At this rate I'll likely stick with BT rather than move.

The only real benefits would be 1.6gbs internet which I wouldn't be able to utilise fully due to the EE router only having 1gig lan ports even though the WAN port is 2.5gbs and the EE TV giving free multi room but existing customers can't get the 1.6gb package or move to EE TV yet.

It seems they rebranded everything without planning for existing customers wanting things whilst still encouraging existing customers to move 

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 33

simple don,t buy the 1.6 gig you still only get 900 and a bit meg

the router connect at 2.4 gig and you should get 1.6 to 1.8 gig out, 

but here the kicker the EE smart Hub + Ports on the back are limited to 1 gig ist a con !!!

0 Ratings
Message 27 of 33

dont buy it you wont get 1.6 gig  the ports on the back of the BT smart plus router are limited to 1 gig so you will never get 1 .6 gig

0 Ratings
Message 28 of 33

Simple, use two 1Gb ports at once, but each connected to separate Ethernet devices.

Its quite normal for business customers to have a very fast  incoming backhaul connection, to a router with many  separate Gigabit ports.

0 Ratings
Message 29 of 33

Given that this is a BT customer forum not not EE , why post your issues with your EE service on this BT forum ?
0 Ratings
Message 30 of 33

That's called false advertising 

they advertise  speeds upto 1.6 Gig but you cant have it !!!

0 Ratings