cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

BT TV

My Sky contract has come to an end and as Sky do they increased the price (almost doubled) so I’ve had a look at the offers from BT and noticed the current £6 offer which is pretty good but I have a few questions.

Is the Netflix package available on this offer upgradeable?  I don’t need the VIP package but would like Netflix in 4K.

Can I add movies and the HD boost and remove those at any point?

I think I read somewhere but can’t find it again that for some odd reason taking TV would recontract my BB for the duration, slightly odd but I assume it’s to align the 24 month contracts.

If this is the case would this recontract be at the current prices available rather than  just reset my current more expensive BB package to 24 months?  Seems a little off to just reset the contract if the same package costs nearly £15 per month less now.

And yes I know that I could ask for pre-sales help which I tried but after sitting in the chat for nearly an hour with no-one to talk to other than myself I got a little bored!

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT TV

You can upgrade Netflix for a small charge at checkout, I'm not sure if the difference though if you're going from Standard to Premium.

You're broadband contract will be extended because you can't have BT TV without BT Broadband. Normally it's just an extension of the your contract end date and shouldn't change your prices but again, you should be advised of any changes in cost to your package on the recap screen before you accept.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

@BehindTheGeekwrote:

Is the Netflix package available on this offer upgradeable?  I don’t need the VIP package but would like Netflix in 4K.

Yes you can, it's £4 for the Standard tier which includes HD, not sure how much more for 4K off the top if my head.

@BehindTheGeekwrote:

Can I add movies and the HD boost and remove those at any point?

Yes, add when you need, remove when you don't, they are addons so have a rolling 30 day term.

@BehindTheGeekwrote:

I think I read somewhere but can’t find it again that for some odd reason taking TV would recontract my BB for the duration, slightly odd but I assume it’s to align the 24 month contracts.

BT broadband is a requirement for BTTV, when you take the TV service the BB is renewed for the same 24 month minimum term, any discount you currently have is renewed again for 24 months, you can also swap plans for TV without renewing the minimum term again.

Message 4 of 5

Thanks both, placed an order today and for information (if others want to know) Netflix Premium (4K) is an extra £9 per month.

Message 5 of 5

@BehindTheGeek good to know the Extra for going from basic to premium. I went Standard HD to Premium because I'm on VIP and it's £6 a month in think