cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Contract Renewal

Go to solution

My contract ends in a few weeks. I’m on Fibre Halo 1 with good speeds around 70 and very few dropouts. The router is a Smart Hub.

Checking My BT shows I could get Fibre Halo 3 (same as old Halo 1) for the same price as I pay now £22.25. I also have My Anytime phone calls at £1.13 month. I pay rental in advance so there’s a £19.99 reduction each month.

I rang retentions 0800 800 030 and spoke to a lovely girl who said all new tel. contracts are switching to digital and it’s all going ahead as FTTP anyway. She offered me Full Fibre 100 with download expected to be 150 at £20 plus £1.13 for anytime calls. I agreed to this and an engineer is due soon. They’ll obviously send a Smart Hub 2 and a new advanced digital phone. Feeling a bit miffed I need FTTP and I'm still baffled why online shows a difference but not worried...life’s too sort!

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Contract Renewal

Go to solution

Eventually most people will be on full fibre. It's a good thing because in future, if you need more bandwidth, they can just turn it up to the maximum available in your area. They'll be no more being constrained by the distance from the cabinet etc .. 

Basically, you're getting a much better connection on a very good price 

Message 3 of 3

Re: Contract Renewal

Go to solution

Exactly this.

0 Ratings