cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Delete an old BT Account

Hi I still have an old active BT account which is in credit and needs to be closed down.

Can you please advise me on how i can close this. I called up customer services and they couldnt do it for some reason. I receive a bill every month showing my account in credit

This also shows up as an active account when looking up my credit score online

Regards 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Delete an old BT Account

Thanks for your post and welcome back @Patel236

We can help close the account however as we're extremely busy at present, it'll take us a few days to pick up your case.  I know you've already contacted the helpdesk.  Do you want to try once more today as you may get this sorted sooner than having to wait for us?  The number is 0330 1234 150.

Post back and let me know how you get on please.  If you have any problems I'll reply with steps you can take to come through to us and we'll get you sorted from here.

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Hi Robbie. 

Thanks for the prompt replied. I’ve just called BT on that number and they say that the account has been closed for many. 

They couldn’t explain to me why I was receiving bills every month from a so called dormant account and having it appear as an open account on credit score. 

I have found you guys to be more efficient when it comes to account closures. I am happy to wait for you if you can close this account for good. 

Regards

Minesh

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Thanks for posting back @Patel236 

No problem - I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings