cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 17

Halo 3+ for £4 extra offer

Go to solution

I’m fairly sure I know the answer to this, but I’ll ask anyway.

I got the offer by email today and would accept it if it was true, but part way through the order process it looks as if it’s going to be £12 a month extra.

It looks like the email completely overlooks that I have the 700 minute calling plan included in the broadband package on my bill at £8 a month. There was no mention of a calling plan in the order summary at all at the point where I backed out of the order.

I think I’m being offered, and possibly misled with,  halo3+ with payg landline calls for an extra £4. 
Needing to reinstate the 700 minute calling plan at £8 would then result in an increase of £12

Does that sound right? It’s really not an acceptable way to behave if I’m right unless I’ve missed something.

0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17

Re: Halo 3+ for £4 extra offer

Go to solution

Calling plans are not included in any package, they are always a separate add on

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 17

Go to solution

I can understand the confusion but your package does not include the 700 minutes calling plan as that is an extra to your package.  You can take the calling package or not but that does not affect the actual broadband package

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 17

Go to solution

@Andrew600 

Indeed. I received my offer too but with the added incentive that I would be amongst the first to benefit "Plus, BT Halo 3+ includes an upgrade to Full Fibre and as soon as it's available in your area, we’ll let you know and upgrade you for free."
There is absolutely  no sign of any full fibre nor an expected date in my neck of the woods ( a medium sized town full of old farts like me).
If your £12 increase is correct, then don't forget to factor in the usual 10% annual increase.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 17

Go to solution

I have received a similar offer but for Halo3 and Halo3+, I did not realise it did not include calls, if that is the case I will not bother anyway. I very misleading email.

Looking at the email again it implies calls are still included.

Message 6 of 17

Go to solution

@licquorice , @imjolly 

Thanks both. Yeah that’s exactly what I thought the answer was.

It still smacks of being misleading though.
My current, far too high bill is broadband £53, calling plan £8 totalling £61.

Halo 3+ was offered to me at £65 hence £4 a month extra, but it isn’t comparing like with like.
A true figure would be £53 increasing to £65 or £61 increasing to £73 i.e £12 extra.
Nowhere does it say that my calling plan isn’t included in that £65. Surely at the very least it should.

I’m fairly sure some would have been caught out.

Copy and paste of the email headline below, forum won’t let me post a screen shot
“Upgrade to Fibre Halo 3+ for £ 4 extra a month
24-month contract
Annual price changes apply”

@Carlusha 

There is no way I’m paying another £12 plus the quite possible 15% increase next year.😂

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 17

Go to solution

@Bob1001 

Agreed. I took it at face value on first reading. It was only in the process of ordering that I realised something wasn’t right.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 17

Go to solution

Hmm, depends how they are calculating it. If they are accepting that you are paying £61/m in total now and £65/m to include Halo3+ they might be saying that it is including your call package although your call package isn't part of your broadband package (if you see what I mean).

As they quoted an actual figure of £65/m  I suspect it genuinely is only £4/m extra and the call package is included in that price.

Wonder if one of the mods might clarify, I will ask.

Message 9 of 17

Go to solution

@licquorice 

Thank you. 
Some clarification would be extremely helpful.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 17

Go to solution

Hi @Andrew600

Thanks for posting, I'll need some more information I think to get clarification on this one.

I've sent you a private message asking for some more information so we can look into this.

Thanks

Stuart