cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 24

Home Essential

Ok, I shall try to give precise and detailed information.

I was on Fibre 2 for many years.  Getting around 65 to 70mb and upload around 19mb.  Paying around £28 after discounts.

I heard about Universal Credit claimant's being able to save money with discounted broadband.

These 3 packages are based on my home address  

esse1.jpg

The speeds for £20 are based on what i normally get.  So i ordered the "unlimited fibre plan"

The advisor told me my estimated speed would be between 51 and 57 with a guaranteed speed of 46

I told advisor that my router handled speeds around 65.  I assumed the speed would increase over time.  I placed the order. 

I started performing speed tests everyday after order was complete and hit around 55.  I had dropped from 65 to 55 on average since taking on this package.  I went to my online account and saw this.

esse2.jpg

"Home Essential Fibre 2"

NOT "Unlimited Fibre Plan"

After speaking to many agents who continued to state that my contract showed that i was on HEF2 as advertised, when i asked advisor to show me the link to the package online which advertises HEF2, they told me to check my online account and it was there, i then said, if the general public wanted information on HEF2, where would they get it, i was then told, but you have a contract which shows you have the product.

So my issue, I have a router which has held 65 on average.

I am on a package which was NOT advertised by BT home essential with a speed NOT advertised and a stay fast guarantee which was NOT advertised according to my address.

Home Essential Unlimited Fibre Essential

Home Essential Unlimited Fibre Plan

"Home Essential Fibre 2"?

So i am paying £20 for lower speeds on a package which is NOT advertised when bt advertises a package (Unlimited Fibre Plan) which matches my previous fibre 2 speeds and it costs £20 

I welcome your questions.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
23 REPLIES 23
Message 2 of 24

Re: Home Essential

in order for the forum members to help please can you post the stats from your router (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser) and if  HH5 then go to troubleshooting then helpdesk and if HH6/SH2 then advanced settings then technical log information . 

enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number  - does not work if digital voice

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

Someone may then be able to offer help/assistance/suggestions to your problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 24

This is a list of your BT Smart Hub settings and current statistics.

Product name:
BT Hub 6A

Data rate:
20.00 Mbps / 65.75 Mbps

Maximum data rate:
21319 / 65728

Noise margin:
6.9 dB / 4.1 dB

Line attenuation:
23.9 dB

Signal attenuation:
16.6 dB / 23.9 dB

VPI / VCI:
0/38

Modulation:
G_993_2_ANNEX_B

Latency type:
Fast Path

Data sent / received:
46 MB Uploaded / 1 GB Downloaded

Broadband username:
bthomehub@btbroadband.com

BT Wi-fi:
Active

2.4 GHz wireless network name:
BTHub6-TN8X

2.4 GHz wireless channel:
Smart (Channel 6)

5 GHz wireless network name:
BTHub6-TN8X

5 GHz wireless channel:
Smart (Channel 36)

Wireless security:
WPA2 (Recommended)

Wireless mode:
Mode 1

Firewall:
On

MAC address:
AC:3B:77:43:E5:EF

Software variant:
-

Boot loader:

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 24

Not sure why but...

There is no data available for this number. This could be either because it is not a BT line or it is a new BT number that has just been provided. Most new numbers will appear on the checker 24 hours after BT has installed the line.

It's been our number for years.

Just checked my latest bill, it's on my bill.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 24

Hi @ReachForThe,

Thank you for posting. I'm sorry if there has been some confusion around your Home Essential package.

The Home Essential Fibre 2 is part of your "Unlimited Fibre Plan". The Home Essential Fibre 2 just refers to the Broadband part of your package.

Fibre 2 essentially means that your Broadband has a maximum speed of 80/20. Fibre 1 would be capped at 55/10.

Looking at your router stats you are achieving 65Mbps?

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 24

Answers to your questions are in my original post.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 24

if you have been moved to digital voice when you changed package then that is why the dslchecker does not work - said that in my original post

as mod posted you stats show a connection speed of 65mb just as you said you had before.  not sure where your 55mb figure came from

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 24

OK, I chose £20 deal without calls.  55mb is the result of speed test carried on average since moving to this package.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 24

Based on my address, BT offered two broadband packages.

£15 which gave a guaranteed speed of 32mb speed range 35 -36mb

£20 which gave a guaranteed speed of 54mb speed range 61 - 73mb

My package gives a guaranteed speed range of 46 with speed range of 51-57mb.

So, to simplify the situation, i am NOT receiving the speed and the range that is being advertised for my specific address.

My previous was with fibre 2 which allowed me to hit around 65-69mb on average.

This isn't about the specs of my router, this is about bt advertising a product, and giving me a product which is NOT advertised and quotes which do NOT exist.  Those quotes above  relating to £15 and £20 are done AFTER entering MY address. 

If i enter a different address  (family live there) which is further from the exchange, i get lower quotes which are what the address can handle.  So, speeds are specific to my address.

Home Essential offers 2 packages.  Unlimited Fibre Essential Plan and Unlimited Fibre Plan....

Fibre 2?.  If you show me a page that advertises Fibre 2 on the Home Essential page, I'd be happy.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 24

fibre 2.jpg

Official Fibre 2 product based on my address, amazingly what i used to get. Not connected to Home Essential package.

0 Ratings