Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 24

Re: Home Essential

@ReachForThewrote:

Data rate:
20.00 Mbps / 65.75 Mbps

Maximum data rate:
21319 / 65728

You're getting 65.75, the speeds in you email/order confirmation are just estimates, honestly I don't see any issues here

Message 12 of 24

Hi @ReachForThe,

Thank you for the additional posts. If you look at your router stats you are achieving 65.75 Mbps. Which is inside the estimate for your package.

Your throughput speeds (speed to the device) will be slower than this depending on what device you're using and if you're using a wired or wireless connection.

In terms of the BT Network up to your hub, your connection is achieving 65.75 Mbps.

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 24

ok, for over 2 years, the BT app showed a speed of 65 mb to the router from the exchange, on average.

now it shows a speed of 56 on average from the exchange to the router.

For 2 years, my android speed test app gave me recordings of around 65

Since moving to this new package, my speed test gives readings around 55

Nothing has changed technically, same router, same devices.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 24

as already posted you are getting a connection speed within the range expected.  all speeds quoted by BT and in dslchecker are connection speeds to your hub/router not download speeds to your device

you are getting what you are paying for

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 15 of 24

The range expected was 61 to 73.

My previous package was 61 to 73

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 24

@ReachForThe wrote:

The range expected was 61 to 73.

My previous package was 61 to 73

and you connection speed is 65mb - within the expected range as you have posted

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 17 of 24

every speed test has averaged 55, for many years it averaged 65

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 24

my current plan is contracted at 51 - 57, and BT says this is the best they can offer me, despite being on fibre 2 for man years at 65 on avg speed.

The advertised plan was 61 to 73

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 24

@ReachForThe wrote:

This is a list of your BT Smart Hub settings and current statistics.

Data rate:
20.00 Mbps / 65.75 Mbps

Hi @ReachForThe 

Thank you for posting back.

I am just popping by to provide some clarity here.  The advice you've been given up to this point is correct.  The speeds that are quoted are connection speeds.  Throughput speeds will be lower depending on what device you're using and if the devices are using a wired or wireless connection.

I understand what you're saying that on your previous package the speeds quoted were 61-73Mbps.  From your Hub stats yesterday which I have quoted above, your current downstream connection speed is 65.75Mbps.  This speed is within the 61-73Mbps range.

As this is the answer to what you have posted, I will go ahead and mark my post as the solution.

All the best,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 24

Sorry, I do not accept your answer as the solution.

I consulted with bt and the data rate is the maximum rate which my router can handle, NOT the current speed of my package.  My current contract, NOT the advertised product, shows my estimated speed at 51 to 57 and guaranteed speed of 45, my average speed test is 55.

So, no, i do not accept any replies as solutions.

0 Ratings