cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Home Essentials

Go to solution

Hello , 

Ordered Home Essentials , the £15 a month with digital voice 700 minutes way back in April . Got the handsets through after a couple of days . 

Tried to set up after a couple of days and no good ( i didnt currently have a landline ) . Nothing changed on my broadband either . Anyway i phoned up (after a month) and was told there was a problem with order , it hadn't been cancelled off or added or whatever . Ok can you sort it out then i says . Promptly called by BT three times in the next three days , this is happening or that's going to happen . Nothing has changed now two weeks later , except that my original order has been cancelled . (or that's what it looks like )

Phoned today but the person i spoke to was more interested in selling me new handsets and sim deals . Fair enough , but i just wanted my original order sorted out thats all . 

Anyway , i was going to try and place another order for home essentials now my original has been cancelled , but i'll get charged another £10 p and p and i don't need the handsets anyway , they were already sent . 

Just received my latest BT bill and its still on the original amount , forty odd pounds . Should have been on the new plan by now . Ordered mid April . 

Anyway , i'm back to square one . But would like to proceed with my original that i made in April . 

Can someone have a look at this for me please .

thank you , 

Mark

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Home Essentials

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

the account holder and the person registered with DWP must be the same as same address otherwise check fails

https://www.bt.com/exp/broadband/home-essentials?s_cid=con_bt_dg-home_awin_aff_vidAJM_110483-Editori...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

The check went through fine as did my original order . Now i'm back to square one .

Mark

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

I have asked a forum mod to see if the can help you.  they will post here

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

Thank you !

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @markdavies

Welcome to the BT Community and thank you for your posts!

I am sorry for the problems you're having with your Home Essentials order.  We'll be able to help you from here.  I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @markdavies

Thank you for taking the time to chat with me again this afternoon.

I am sorry for all the problems you experienced with your Home Essentials order.  I am pleased I could help get this all resolved.  Everything we chatted about has been applied and you'll receive emails confirming this.

I'll go ahead and close this off today, as agreed.  If you need help or have a question about your BT services in future feel free to post back as you're more than welcome 🙂

All the best,

Robbie

Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Thanks for the help Robbie , much appreciated . 

Regards

Mark

0 Ratings