cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 4 of 27

Line Rental Saver

Just received info about LRS ceasing from 21/07/23.

Apparently along with others BT wish to credit past users for their loyalty in using this product?

is it possible to renew for one last time if I reapply prior to 21 July 23? Or has the saving now been axed.

Many thanks

0 Ratings
26 REPLIES 26
Message 1 of 27

Line Rental Saver (LRS)

Got a letter today (in NW). They are stopping LRS. Another increase for some of us, then.

Message 2 of 27

Re: Line Rental Saver (L

Mine runs out next month. Got the email about renewing so rang the number but was advised to ring nearer the expiry date at the moment it’s over the 27 day limit. They will renew it for another year just can’t renew on line now. It’s not a available from 21st July.

Message 3 of 27

Just had another email saying first one was misleading in that LRS will not be available to renew. 
So left hand doesn’t know what right hand is doing! 
Might still ring them and see what happens 😳

Message 5 of 27

Re: Line Rental Saver

according to recent post it is no longer available

https://community.bt.com/t5/Bills-Packages/Line-Rental-Saver-LRS/m-p/2299572

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 27

From 21 July Line Rental Saver (LRS) will no longer be available for sale, which means existing LRS customers will not be able to renew it from this date.

After 21 July LRS won’t be available to order or renew, but customers who are currently on LRS will retain their LRS discount until it expires.

If you contact BT 0330.1234.150 they may offer to renew if you do it prior to 21st July.

Message 7 of 27

@GPC2wrote:

is it possible to renew for one last time if I reapply prior to 21 July 23? Or has the saving now been axed.

It is if you're in the LRS renewal period, which is 28 days before your previous LRS is expiring, outside that window won't be possible.

Message 8 of 27

It is simply a price increase of £19.99/year (OK, £9.99 in Year 1). One assumes that the annual in increase of 14.4% wasn’t enough for them.

Message 9 of 27

Yes I’ve had the two emails and as usual BT the big communications company is absolutely useless when it comes to communication! The email promises a credit of at least £10 “on your next bill”. Needless to say next bill arrived with no credit! Does anyone know how the credit will be calculated? I reckon I’ve had LRS since it was introduced whenever that was.

Message 10 of 27

I guess all we can be totally sure about is that, given that description, the refund will be exactly £10.