cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 71 of 91

Re: Line rental saver

Go to solution

I pay for my ' line rental saver' three months before I pay for my ' broadband package' my LRS is for 12 months and my BB is for 24 months. How can they EVER be described as one package? They are totally different! 

Message 72 of 91

Go to solution
Good Point.
0 Ratings
Message 73 of 91

Go to solution

The ruling about separating out line rental was to cover when ISPs were advertising broadband packages where they were not including it in their banner headline cost. The ruling stated that they must include it in the banner headline cost and not hide it away in the small print.

There was nothing about it could not be a separate cost.

As regards the price rise, if you have not read this whole thread it is worth reading all of it because I believe everything has already been covered.

0 Ratings
Message 74 of 91

Go to solution
I have read the whole thread.
Since October 2016 it's been compulsory for broadband providers to include line rental in their headline costs.
You don’t need to have a landline phone if you want broadband. But to get broadband from an Openreach-based provider, your home must have a physically connected phone line.
0 Ratings
Message 75 of 91

Go to solution

@MJA1 wrote:
I have read the whole thread.
Since October 2016 it's been compulsory for broadband providers to include line rental in their headline costs.
You don’t need to have a landline phone if you want broadband. But to get broadband from an Openreach-based provider, your home must have a physically connected phone line.

Not correct. You can get FTTP broadband which is Fibre to the Premises and does not have a physical connection to a phone line.

If you want a phone with a FTTP broadband package you would have to have a VoIP phone.

You would still pay line rental but it would be included in your broadband package.

0 Ratings
Message 76 of 91

Go to solution

MJA1

You have just said the same thing that I and a couple of other posters have been saying. That is BT give you £19.99 off your Broadband Package. BT separate the LRS amount of £19.99 but do not separate the actual cost of the line element.

0 Ratings
Message 77 of 91

Go to solution

I started the thread.i just believe that the amount of times it has been resurrected shows the depth of feeling, confusion and anger. ( I have read it all too! Several times and despite the fact you have made valid arguements and comments I (and clearly many others) still feel uncomfortable about the way the price rise is managed)

0 Ratings
Message 78 of 91

Go to solution

From the BT website.....

"Line rental is now included in the cost of your package. This means that you now have just one price for both your broadband and line rental services. This makes it much clearer and simpler to pay for your home broadband."

https://www.bt.com/help/broadband/line-rental-included-in-your-package 

0 Ratings
Message 79 of 91

Go to solution

@beebee wrote:

I started the thread.i just believe that the amount of times it has been resurrected shows the depth of feeling, confusion and anger. ( I have read it all too! Several times and despite the fact you have made valid arguements and comments I (and clearly many others) still feel uncomfortable about the way the price rise is managed)

The bottom line is that there should be no mid term contract rises but I will not be holding my breath for that to happen.

0 Ratings
Message 80 of 91

Go to solution
LRS stands for Line Rental Saver.
BT use that phrase not me.
They also say you will not have to pay for your Line Rental again if you pay LRS
0 Ratings