cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Moving Home

Hi,

I currently have a Full Fibre 900 with Phone Line.  I am planning to move to another home within the same exchange area in the next few months.

However, there is no Full Fibre at the new home.  I can only subscribe to Fibre 2 as the Full Fibre is not yet available.  Openreach are in the process of deploying this exchange area, however, it is not clear when it will reach the home I am moving into.

I am half way through my contract.  I have no issues continuing with BT. I can manage with reduced speeds in the interim.  However, I would like to know what would happen to my contract?  How would that be handled?

Thanks for any help on this as I couldn't find a clear answer to this question.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Moving Home

As long as BT can supply you with a broadband package, regardless of how that is delivered, your contract will remain with the same amount of time to run.

If they can not provide Full Fibre you should be able to negotiate some sort of price reduction but if I recall correctly it does not allow you to terminate your contract withoutcancellation charges.

If you have extras on your broadband package some of them may require a new contract started.

Message 3 of 3

Re: Moving Home

@vsn1 I'd also recommend taking a read of the following FAQ Moving home with BT | BT Help

Cheers

Neil

0 Ratings