cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Multiple Accounts and Email Accounts Query

Go to solution

Hello.

I took out a BT Full Fibre 500 package earlier in the year (upgraded from Fibre 2) however the old account was never closed.  So essentially for the past 6 months I've had two accounts, both active. The old account with the Fibre 2 package and the new account with Fibre 500, both linked to the same BT ID. We got in contact via phone with BT a couple of weeks ago to explain the situation as we were still paying for the old package. From what we understand the old account will be closed by the end of the month. 

In the mean while, as I mentioned above, both accounts are linked to the same BT ID. This means when I log into MyBT, it automatically defaults to the old account view. I  can switch between the two accounts via the drop down but ONLY on the 'Bills' and 'Account' pages.  It is not possible for me to switch between both accounts via the 'Your Products' page where it just defaults to the old view.

I've seen some people here with similar situations who have been recommended by the Mods to create an entirely new BT ID with an Email address not used before, linking it to the new Account. I went ahead and did exactly that.  The good news is that when I now log into MyBT with the new BT ID, it now defaults to the new account view, however it seems like the old account was also ported over as well too as I can still switch between the two via the drop down menu. Difference being that the drop down now appears on all pages and not just 'Bills & 'Accounts'. Not the end of the world, but I expected only the new account to port over. 

A few questions. What happens to the old BT ID? When I log into MyBT with the old BT ID, both the old and new accounts are still there despite porting over. I would have assumed that once the account ported over to a new BT ID, it would have removed them from the old BT ID in the process. Is this not the case? If not, then I wouldn't have gone to the trouble of setting up a new BT ID and just stuck with the existing one.

Secondly, both my BT IDs are registered to BT Email addresses and it seems that I can only manage these Email addresses on the old BT Account under 'Your Products'. Apparently I have 'BT Premium Mail'.  Does this mean that when my old BT Account is closed at the end of the month, all of my BT Email addresses will be closed along with it?

On my new BT Account on the new BT ID I don't have any such option for managing Email under 'Your Products'. 

I would appreciate any assistance. Thanks!

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Multiple Accounts and Email Accounts Query

Go to solution

Hi @Runalow,

Welcome to our Community.

I'm a moderator for BT and can help you with all of this. I'll send you a private message that you can reply back to my team on.

We'll explain everything for you so you know what's happening and close down that old BTID if needed.

Thank you

DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @DanielS or any Moderator who may be able to assist. Unfortunately I've not received any private message back  after having replied to the initial message I received. I would really appreciate if this can be looked at. Thanks!

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @Runalow sorry you've not been contacted back but we are very busy at the moment. 

I've checked and can see your message in our queue. However, you've queried whether you should send the requested information via PM. I can assure you that the PM will be picked up by one of the Mods and we are all BT employees.
You can check out Who’s who in the BT community - BT Community and I hope this re-assures you.

If you still have security concerns then you would be best to call 0330 1234 150 and speak with one of our customer guides.

Cheers

John 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @JohnC2 

Sorry for the delayed reply! I have sent over the requested information. Hoping this can be looked at soon before the account closure at the end of the month in case this may also affect registered Email addresses too.

Thank you.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks for the message @Runalow .

We have your details and will be in touch soon. We're a little busier than usual and deal with issues in turn but we'll get to you as soon as possible.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @Runalow, thanks for you pm earlier to confirm all set up ok and now you also have the option to opt out of the game pass renewal.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings