cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13

My BT showing wrong account number

Go to solution

Hi

I've just had BT broadband installed but when I log in to My BT it only shows an old account number with BT Sport as the product. The account is liked (it's showing I have 3 accounts linked) but I'm unable to switch to the new account as there is no drop down to select it.

When speaking to the support line they said I could remove the old account but only I can do it online. I haven't been able to find this option on the site. What should I do?

Thanks

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: My BT showing wrong account number

Go to solution

Hi @SocialBen, welcome to the forum, and thanks for posting. 

I'm sorry that you were told that you could do this yourself online. I've sent you a Private Message so you can get in touch with the Mod team and we'll be able to fix this for you.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 13

Go to solution

Hi @SocialBen, thanks for your PM earlier and the good news. You had already contacted our social media team and they fixed this for you.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 13

Go to solution

Hi there,

I'm having the same issue - I have 3 accounts linked to my email, but only one is active, and I need that one to show as the main one, with the others deleted. Please can you also help me. 

Thanks,

Aush

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 13

Go to solution

Hi, @aush99 Thanks for posting, I've sent you a private message so you can get in touch with the moderation team. If you send over your details we'll be happy to help.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 13

Go to solution

Hi.

I have the same problem. When I login it defaults to an old inactive account. I can switch to the current (active) account only on some pages (such as billing). Can someone remove the old account so that the current active one appears as default.

My immediate concern is to manage my nowtv subscription - which I seemingly can't do due to the wrong account problem.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 13

Go to solution

UPDATE: I resolved the issue using the BT web chat -> After some pain in which my account had to be reactivated with a different email address.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 13

Go to solution

Hi there, I am facing the same issue. Be grateful for any help to resolve this.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 13

Go to solution

Hi @GeneTunney, welcome to the forum and thanks for posting.

Sorry you're seeing probably an old account when you log in. I've sent you a Private Message so you can get in touch with the Mod team, and we'll be happy to help you get this fixed.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 13

Go to solution

Hi John sorry to jump on the bandwagon but could you send me info aswell please. 

0 Ratings