cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 30

Re: Blocked Duct

Go to solution

I called them when I got the text and all they said was that was the date but OpenReach would always try to do it earlier if possible. 

I am a bit concerned as it was meant to be in the next 10 days and now it’s pushed out so far. 

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 30

Go to solution

It looks like Openreach`s priority has changed.

https://www.theregister.com/AMP/2022/11/23/openreach_fiber_expansion/

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 30

Go to solution

Thanks for the link but I don't believe that is the issue.  Fibre is in the manhole inside the complex about 5m away from my front door.  They tried to pull the cable through the duct to where my phone line is on the side of my unit but they couldn't thread through the rods hence the request for the dig team to repair the duct.

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 30

Go to solution

The potential problem with addresses where the service cannot be provided from the public footpath ( and any issues with these properties would be either in a public area that OR have ‘code powers’ to excavate or in the applicant for service own property , so obviously if they want service they will agree to their garden or whatever being excavated) , if the ownership of the area the existing duct/cable passes through to get to your address, is unclear as it often is with MDU’s ( multi dwelling units ) they were avoided ( not offered service) because of these service potential issues, so if the area isn’t owned by you , OR should be establishing ownership and asking permission from whoever does ‘own’ it  , a person or a company, unfortunately quite often these entities don’t allow any ‘work’ or ask for  ridiculous  amounts of ££’s to agree

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 30

Go to solution

The blockage is luckily on the land belonging to this unit and permission already given in writing so that’s good news. I’m hoping there is a way to get the job “moved up the list” now that it has been delayed by more than 2 months !

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 30

Go to solution

Good morning @Kssquared1,

I wanted to drop you a line and let you know that I have sent another chaser email this morning to Openreach.

I've explained everything again, showing the permission given, so I would expect that they will reply back to me on Monday or Tuesday at the latest. As soon as I get anything back, I'll get in touch with you directly.

Thanks
DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 27 of 30

Go to solution

Thanks Dan, much appreciated 

Message 28 of 30

Go to solution

Hi Dan,

Any news ?

Cheers

Kevin

0 Ratings
Message 29 of 30

Go to solution

Hi @Kssquared1 and thanks for the post.

I'm expecting an update this morning. Once I have it I'll drop you a message.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 30 of 30

Go to solution

Just a quick update for the benefit of the community.

@Kssquared1 is now connected and I've made sure the cashback has been honoured. Thanks for your patience with this Kevin. It's really appreciated.

Cheers

David