cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Return of BT TV Box

Go to solution

Hi 

I'm posting on behalf of my partner who is a BT customer. She renewed her broadband and TV package a couple of months ago. As part of this, she received a BT TV Pro Box. She returned the BT 4K UHD box that she had using the pre paid BT envelope on 8 July.

She has however been receiving prompts to return the box since then. Upon checking the tracking information, it seems that Royal Mail couldn't deliver the parcel to the address on the pre paid envelope on 10 July because "nobody answered". She is unable to redirect the delivery of the parcel because it was over 18 days since Royal Mail attempted and failed delivery.  She can't claim the parcel back either as Royal mail didn't ask for a return to sender address. 

She's worried that she will be billed for the box when nobody wasn't in the BT office to take the parcel. 

If someone is able to help then I'm happy to provide details on a private message. 

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards

Mohammed

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Return of BT TV Box

Go to solution

It is presently taking four weeks for BT to update accounts after they have received the returned items.

If you have proof of postage or proof of delivery you can call BT 0800.800.150 with it and they will update your account.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

@Mo_dawood 

If she received the box prior to 13/12/2019 then she has nothing to worry about as she needn't have returned it as it was hers to keep anyway. After that date all units are on loan.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks Tim. Unfortunately she received the box after that date so it was on loan.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @Mo_dawood and thanks for posting.

I can clear this up for you. I'll need a few details so I'll drop you over a private message now so you can get in touch.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution
Thanks David. I've replied 😊
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks for sending over the details @Mo_dawood .

That's been confirmed as returned for you now.

All the best

David

Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks so much for resolving this @DavidM .

The community forums are brilliant. 

Thanks again

Mohammed

0 Ratings