cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Returned equipment to BT

Go to solution

I returned a broken SmartHub and Hybrid Router to BT on 4 July using the package and label provided by BT. I have a tracking number from the post office but it is still showing as in their network. It should have been delivered on 48 hour tracked basis per the label provided by BT.

I can see the equipment still showing as outstanding on my account. 

Please can you help advise how to get this removed as outstanding - thanks for your help.

@DavidM 

@PaddyB 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Returned equipment to BT

Go to solution

Hi @andmillsy,

Thanks for taking the time to return the equipment to us.

When you say that you can see that it's still in their network, do you mean that it's still with the Royal Mail? Have you contacted them to find out why they haven't delivered it to us?

Thank you

DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks for the response.

I haven't contacted them. Is it my responsibility to do so? The items were returned using your packaging and labels. The payment and contract for the service would be between BT and Royal Mail. I can provide tracking number if you require?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @andmillsy,

It would be your responsibility as the poster yes. We do advise to "Keep your proof of postage until we let we know that we've received your equipment. This usually takes about 7 days.". If you posted it on the 4th of July then it should get to us within the next few days. If there's no movement by Friday, let me know and I'll send you a private message so we can get that reference number from you.

Thank you
DanielS

Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks @DanielS  I will message on Friday / Monday if no progress. As mentioned I do have the proof of postage. For your awareness the kit was being returned due to a lightening strike which meant the router would no longer power on. I returned the router (Smarthub 2) and hybrid connect as instructed. 

Kind regards

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks very much @andmillsy. I hope everyone is ok. A lightning strike through your circuits would have been frightening enough.

I'm going to send you a private message now as it could take us a couple of working days before we can get back to you. If you see that it has tracked by then, just let me know and I'll close off your private message. Otherwise, we will get back in touch with you as soon as we can.

Thanks

DanielS