cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Change to Norton.

When trying to swap from the McAfee to Norton I just get a server error message and cannot change to Norton. 

Tried calling BT can never get through can someone please help. 

I am the account holder so it not that issue. 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Change to Norton.

try reading this thread where you may find your answer

https://community.bt.com/t5/Broadband-Extras-Apps-from-BT/Can-t-update-from-McAfee-to-Norton/td-p/22...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Cannot update from McAfee to Norton - getting server error message

I have BT Virus Protect installed on 2 PCs, both Windows 10. When I logon to my BT account and click "Switch to Norton", I get the message "Server Error - please try again later" displayed in red at the top of the screen. The same has happened on both PCs. Is this a temporary fault at the BT end? Please help.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Norton upgrade

Hi I have installed Norton on one PC and am trying to do so on a second.

When I click on Manage, under BT Virus Protect, I get a "Server Error" notification.

Is there a server issue?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Re: Norton upgrade

I have now seen there are others who have been having this issue, so assume it is a server issue.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Hi Everyone,

I'm really sorry to see you're getting a server error message when attempting to manage your Norton Antivirus, we're aware of this and working to fix it. Please can you try again later?

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Thanks, it worked this morning. My first problem yesterday was caused by my BT login id not being my email address which led to the first "server error" . I then changed my BT login id yesterday to my email address and then got a different "server error" message. However, this morning, everything worked fine. I wondered if this was because the overnight processing at BT cleaned up my login id (PS - shouldn't BT's upgrade process detect if your login id isn't an email address and warn you then, rather than direct you to a Norton site which then can't process your request and comes back with a server error message?!)
0 Ratings