cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 26

My BT app not working

Please could anyone else tell me if they are struggling to login to My BT app? I sign in and it asks for passcode but then comes up with an error message saying ‘sorry we haven’t been able to log you in. Please try again’.  I was on to Bt at weekend about it and they couldn’t resolve.  Told me to login to bt hub manager to make changes to hub settings however changes to settings can only be made via app now.  I need to change device access settings?

0 Ratings
25 REPLIES 25
Message 2 of 26

Re: My BT app not working

Changes to hub settings can still be made from a browser but what settings is it that you think might solve your problem? I can't think of any.

You don't say but presumably you are trying to run the My BT app on either an Android or Apple phone?
If Android then got into settings then Apps & Notifications/ Storage (clear data) and run it again, you will need to re-enter your account details and start again from scratch giving you a fresh start

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 26

Hi I am using Apple iPhone and iPad to try to login.  I change settings for Wi-Fi times on certain devices for parental purposes.  I cannot figure out how to do this on the internet site or hub manager.  All sites say needs to be done on the app.  I have tried again and still not able to login

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 26

Now I understand.

I've never tried it but from what I can see you can set parental controls in MyBT online through a browser under the heading "Broadband Security" at Your broadband | My BT by clicking on the Manage button in the Broadband tile

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 26

Hi no this doesn’t work.  I have set up parental controls but it the ‘BT Wi-Fi control’ that I need and it says online that this can only be done via the my bt app.  I need to be able to switch off Wi-Fi to certain devices at times. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 26

Hi @hewinson78, sorry you can't access the wifi controls on the MyBT app. Try an uninstall and reinstall of the app and see if that helps.
Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 26

@hewinson78 you'll probably find the kids have changed the hub password to prevent you logging in and switching off their WiFi.

Factory reset the hub and change the password.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 26

Haha no it’s not that he wouldn’t have a clue and I can login to hub manager it’s just the app I can’t login to

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 26

Hi thanks for the suggestion but I’ve tried that a number of times and it’s still not working

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 26

Still not working - done that a few times thanks though
0 Ratings