cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

Xbox Ultimate Game Pass Issue - Managed by EE/BT

I had a decent stack of GamePass Ultimate redeemed on my Microsoft account. 

I redeemed the 12 months BT gave me when I took out Fibre 900 which has caused the account to be 'Managed by BT/EE'.

I've found the date for the original redemption from BT. I redeemed the code on 8th Feb 2023 and have an email from them confirming that it expires 8th Feb 2024 so it should now be expired. I've spoken to BT who have said that there is no GamePass associated with my BT account. 

Despite the above my GamePass in my MS account continues to show as 'Managed by BT/EE'. My BT online account doesn't show a GamePass.

I've just bought a 1 month Ultimate code from Microsoft and attempted to redeem it to see if that would revert account ownership but I get the error 'This cannot be used with an existing subscription.'

BT are telling me there is no GamePass on my account.

How on earth can I regain access, currently it's due to expire in 2026 with auto-renewal on (According to the xbox app) but I can't do anything to reclaim access.

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Xbox Ultimate Game Pass Issue - Managed by EE/BT

Normally they should revert back to Microsoft after 30 days has passed since the BT expiration date, providing you haven't got auto renewal on.

Only the BT Mods from here will be able to get this sorted for you.

You should try posting here and await a reply from a BT Mod.

https://community.bt.com/t5/Bills-Packages/How-can-I-revert-control-of-my-Xbox-account-back-to-Micro...

Or, as it has gone past the 30 days now, you can try redeeming the new code, as suggested here:

https://community.bt.com/t5/Bills-Packages/Need-BT-to-release-my-Xbox-account/td-p/2313414

I do not subscribe, so please do not always expect a reply.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Yep, more than 30 days have passed but still BT retain ownership of my account

Why that thread and not one of the countless others on that issue? Are they only checking that one? 

As in my original post, I’ve already bought a 1 month code from Microsoft and attempted to redeem it but I get the error 'This cannot be used with an existing subscription.'

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

@Zoncks wrote:

Why that thread and not one of the countless others on that issue? Are they only checking that one? 

There is absolutely no reason to post on somebody else's thread. All that does is cause a duplication of your post and confusion as to which thread to post any reply on. I have removed your post on the other thread to prevent that.

I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They will advise you by posting on this thread.

Message 5 of 10

Hi @Zoncks,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Community. I'm sorry the control of your Xbox account hasn't reverted to Microsoft after your Game Pass expired with BT. Normally it takes around 30 days for the control to revert to Microsoft and the Game Pass should continue to function as normal until that happens. 

If you send me your details, I'll get my colleague in the Xbox Team to investigate. I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact the team.  You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Thought that was a weird request, thanks for removing @gg30340 .

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

Thanks @PaddyB , messaged you now with all the required info and then some.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Hi @PaddyB  I’ve just had an email saying you’ve closed my complaint but it’s still showing as managed by Bt/EE

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

I’m in the same situation. 

I thought this was sorted out ages ago after the initial fiasco. 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Mine expires on Saturday, so not looking forward to that!

If you have to wait 30 days for BT to release control, presumably that means no GP for 30 days until you can sign up with Microsoft again?

0 Ratings