Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 71 of 108

Re: EETV Not working With New Asus Router RT-BE88U

Go to solution

@Crimliar @TimCurtis @naylor2006 @brookheather 

Hands Up! I'm an Idiot and should drink less beers 🤣

Upon reading back through this forum, I noticed @Crimliar in message 56 say ' it was necessary to FULLY reset the IPTV box'. 

And Message 70 from @TimCurtis 'When you originally set up the BT/EE TV box did you set the network settings for it manually or set it to use DHCP and was the initial set up done with the BT router?'

I did a factory reset on the IPTV box and it now works beautifully!!! Thank you all so much for your persistance in dealing with a plonker!!! 🤣 I did actually already say I had factory reset everything, however I did not do that to the IPTV box.

However, I like to think I have a much better setup now and have learnt some life lessons!!

Thankyou all so much for your help, my 8 Port POE Lite Ubiquiti Switch has just arrived, lets see if i can break it again!!

Message 72 of 108

Go to solution

Beer's great, I drink as much as I can as often as I can, which isnt that often 🙂

For sure, you have a much nicer setup now then you did before, that ASUS thing has probably got a 200 quid 'Gaming' markup on it, now you are in a position to expand your network wherever you happen to go.

Surprises me you had to factory reset the box but I feel so stupid for not remembering that. When I went from testing mine on the BT Hub when I first got it to make sure it worked, I did factory reset once I moved over to my ER-X because the box was not pulling a new IP via DHCP.

With regards to the switch, maybe just leave the EETV box connected to the Gateway and use the switch for your AP/s.

I know its a pain now but I would probably recommend moving away from 192.168.1.0/24 and setting your own more 'unused' subnet, swap out the 1 for the year you were born, maybe for another day as Im sure you are happy it just works.

Down the line you might setup a VPN and if you are at another location using the very common 192.168.1.0/24 the VPN will not function, it can be a pain to change the subnet but often at the very start of setting a network up its ideal to do then.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
Message 73 of 108

Go to solution

I havent got the switch out the box yet but I will do later. Just tried the EE TV Box Mini which still doesn't work and yes I factory reset it. I have only tried it wirelessly so far so will try it on ethernet as I have some powerline adapters I could try it on. 

Anyone had any success with the EE TV Box mini? 🤣

So, so happy its all working now. Thanks again!

0 Ratings
Message 74 of 108

Go to solution

Make sure it works wired first.

You may have to enable something AP specific but I would wait until your AP is powered up by the new switch, as I believe the switch will handle some of this traffic which will be in the settings once the controller adopts it.

I too am quite interested in how to get a box to work over WIFI incase I get an extra box, otherwise Im going to have to use VLAN's.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
Message 75 of 108

Go to solution

Me again! Spoke too soon, none of the subscription channels work IPC6023

I assume these should work ok? I have reset everything I promise, all the freeview stuff works fine now but no Skysports etc.  

0 Ratings
Message 76 of 108

Go to solution

Did those channels for before?

Are you setup in IP Mode?

I ask because the sub channels need to be enabled and sometimes don’t for some reason and if freeview is working then maybe you have aerials connected…

0 Ratings
Message 77 of 108

Go to solution

@naylor2006 Sorry what do you mean IP Mode?

The channels worked on the EETV box fine?

Your right, I have an aerial connected which is why the Freeview is working i think. How do I get the sub channels enabled? Is it a call to EE?

0 Ratings
Message 78 of 108

Go to solution

After you factory reset the box it asks you on first start up if you want to run in IP mode or aerial.

If you set IP mode ALL channels including freeview ones will come via multicast.

0 Ratings
Message 79 of 108

Go to solution

Ahh it did not ask me that? I have just reset it now without the aerial attached and your correct. It does ask if you want to stream them, when the aerial is connected I do not get that option. Trying now with the streaming option. 

I think this will end up with IPC6023 on all channels but will report back. Must admit I'm bored of wwatching the guide intro. IS there a way to skip this!! 

*update* IPC6023 none of the channels work now. Will plug the aerial in and factory reset again so I get freeview at least!!! 😢

0 Ratings
Message 80 of 108

Re: EETV Not working With New Asus Router RT-BE88Uay

Go to solution

No you’ll have to suffer like me and watch it 400 times whilst I figured out how to get it to work 😛

By the way, did you sub channels ever work on the BT Hub? Aerial removed?

0 Ratings