cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 24

Re: IPC6023 error code

Go to solution

@Weddle1 Thanks, have the internet provided channels ever worked? Have you tried a different ethernet cable and an alternative port on the back of your Hub?

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 24

Go to solution

@NeilO 

No the Internet channels haven't never worked.

Only work through the apps. None of the tv guide works. Even the Bt preview channel doesn't. I get a blank screen. Then after a few seconds the error code appears.

Changed the ethernet cable on the hub and no change.

Done factory resets and nothing.

According to BT fault department. They said TMC are going to look at it. I'm not getting my hopes up as they didn't come last week to look at it.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 24

Go to solution

Hi @Weddle1 if all the checks have been done on your set up it sounds like a network or subscription issue. The moderation team refers these cases to TMC as well, they will get it sorted but it may take them a few days.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 24

Go to solution

@Weddle1 

Just out of interest what subscription do you have?

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 24

Go to solution

@TimCurtis 

I have the basic package. That shouldn't make a difference.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 24

Go to solution

@NeilO I've waited since the 8th November. Not waiting any longer.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 24

Go to solution

Hi @Weddle1 / @NeilO - I'm looking at this, and initially this looks like a configuration issue as there's no sign of multicast traffic on the FTTP circuit which is why IPC6023 dialogs are being reported.  I am escalating into Openreach to get the relevant  checks done but if a fault has already been raised with BT Consumer by phone or chat, could you please let me know the fault reference number so I can cross reference? I'll drop a private message separately to check that.

Regards

David 

BT TV Tech Investigations

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 24

Go to solution

Pleased to say that following triage with Openreach,  we've found and resolved the problem at the local exchange that was causing the loss of service. That's now been fixed and we've confirmed that the TV service is working, however we'll continue to monitor to ensure that things stay that way, and follow up off line.  

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 24

Go to solution
How did you solve this issue please
0 Ratings
Message 20 of 24

Go to solution
Hi @Cpl244, in this case it was an underlying issue that needed correction at the local exchange, but IPC6023 errors are generally around connectivity and how TV data is sent over the broadband line. If you want I'd be happy to take a look for you. Please drop me a Direct message with your TV Box serial number so we can get that started for you.
thanks
David
0 Ratings