cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

TV pixelation.

Go to solution

Had full Fibre installed on 9th November and  a BT pro TV box installed. Since then I've lost count of the number of times I've contacted BT with issues. They have sent me a new EE pro box but still the same issues, they have rebooted the system numerous times. The TV picture is pixelating and sound is distorted as to be unwatchable whenever I turn on my laptop, not streaming films just checking E mails. Had an engineer out who suggested a new box to no avail. We are streaming via wi-fi, the router is 5 metres in line of sight of the TV and box. The engineer who set us up said there would be no issues with streaming given the position of router and box. Wi-Fi strength is 140mbps download and 35mbps upload. Any ideas before I sack BT and go elsewhere.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: TV pixelation.

Go to solution

Hi @Jono73,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Community. I'm sorry if you are experiencing an issue with the picture pixelating on EE TV. Have you tried connecting your EE TV box wired instead of wireless? This would be the quickest way to rule out an issue with the wireless connection as the wired connection offers a more stable connection. That is less likely to be impacted by interference.

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

Wired solution is not an option due to room layout, that's why we opted for wireless, never had any problems with other providers and the router was in another room for them. The Fibre connection comes straight through the wall into the router which is less than 5 metres line of sight with the box. With such a fast speed I'm surprised just switching on my laptop can cause such an issue with the picture.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

@Jono73 

How are you receiving the TV channels , by aerial or IP mode?

If it's aerial mode are all channels pixelated or is it just the Freeview channels or the BT TV subscription channels?

Are you using a BT SmartHub or your own router?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

Presume IP mode, although I'm no engineer or telecom expert, my last call to BT the engineer said he would switch this on, made no difference, it's the BT Tv subscription channels.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

We have a wired connection and the same problem. Any further ideas?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

@Jono73 @Raven1 

If you have an Android phone or tablet, download an app called WiFi Analyzer, and look at what happens in RF when you turn the laptop on. It may have a fault which means it’s putting out a blanket of bad RF.

Also, try a different HDMI cable, and make sure it’s running nowhere near where cables to and from the laptop go.

—————————————————————————————————————
*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, but not quite yet an EE TV subscriber ***
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

Same issue here since we got BTTV last year. Having Power adaptors has helped but still get the occasional pixelation. Before it can be escalated further i'm begin told they need to reboot everything AGAIN (after 3 engineer visits) and they'll send me a 10m ethernet cable to try. Wired connection is not an option due to room layout so not sure what they're trying to achieve. I apprecite they'll check in on whether the issue is resolved but we dont' spend our days watching TV so it's hard to reply when the pixelation is a sporadic issue, so the issue gets closed and next time it happense we need to call up again. Every time we call we seem to start at square one so getting quite tired of it. Seems would be much simpler if they could recognise it's an issue and escalate it for further support without going through all the tests again. 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

@JJB3wrote:

Wired connection is not an option due to room layout so not sure what they're trying to achieve.

It will prove beyond doubt that the issue is with your chosen connectivity method. If you still have issues with a wired connection then maybe you have a faulty box but if not, then your connectivity needs to be resolved.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

Thanks rbz, we already know it's not the box as they've tried replacing it and it didn't solve anything. The first engineer said it's something to do with the TVIP, the following engineers said the same thing but before they refer it to the right team they keep having to run through all the checks from scratch, this time including the ethernet cable. Wish they'd just refer it and get on with the IP fix *rolls eyes*. 

0 Ratings