cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 48

Re: Youview missing apps

Go to solution

I'm in the centre of Edinburgh so around 60 miles from the border. Normally receive my TV signal from Craigkelly in Fife .

So far as I could see I was still receiving BBC 1 Scot, and STV from somewhere, definitely still the Scottish variant.

Do we know why atmospheric conditions would knock out apps for STV, ITVX and 4?

Many thanks 

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 48

Go to solution
The apps offered are based on the TV region you're in. If the box thinks you're no longer on a Scottish TV region, it'll remove the Scottish TV apps.
YouView are watching this thread and investigating further as a result of the responses given.
Message 23 of 48

Go to solution
It turns out the issue specifically affects central Scotland, due to the launch of a new channel that is doing things slightly differently.
As an Edinburgh man myself, it's annoying that I haven't been able to reproduce the issue you're seeing, but the cause has now been identified by YouView and they hope to roll out a fix tomorrow (assuming testing goes well first thing tomorrow morning).
Message 24 of 48

Go to solution

Great, thanks for the update Darren, much appreciated.

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 48

Go to solution

If the box puts the apps in order of where you live, why on my BT Pro box is STV Player appearing after the BBC iPlayer ITV, ALL 4 ,MY5 and before Netflix,Prime,NOW, BritBox,UkPlay,BTTv app.Milkshake,POP,KIDS ketchup, CBS, BBC sounds S4C, Finally the games App on the featured apps list.  If I try to update apps via settings I get the message Unable to update apps try again later. Surely the BTTV app should be ahead of STV Player.  I am in West Country area.  

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 48

Go to solution
The order of the apps isn't determined by location.
The error when trying to update apps is a long standing known issue - you can ignore it. Apps are still being updated automatically as needed.
0 Ratings
Message 27 of 48

Go to solution
Is this problem perhaps causing my issue too where the BTTV app is not picking up my East of Scotland region. Just had a look and I am missing the STV and Ch4 app too. I have no reception problems.
https://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-from-BT/BTTV-App-showing-wrong-TV-region/td-p/2299595
0 Ratings
Message 28 of 48

Go to solution

Thought we would check here first as we just discovered that ITV and Channel 4 apps were suddenly missing.  We've just changed our package with BT and we got the Pro Box just last week.

We're in Musselburgh!

IMG_2137 copy.jpeg

0 Ratings
Message 29 of 48

Go to solution

Yes, that's the same issues @monarchjock ... the box currently doesn't know what region it's in, so the app will default to London.

Message 30 of 48

Go to solution

@Bluemoon1  The official order of apps is that presented when you select the apps tile. The featured app order is  I believe simply that the apps that it has been decided to feature. Who makes the decision as to which apps to feature and what criteria they operate under is unclear to me. As the Bt Player has its own feature line further down the Home page may be the reason that it is relegated on the featured app line.

The official order  should  currently be PSB players  ( there is a slight anomaly here whereby ITV retains a high position  even when STV is the PSB ).  BT as the ISP has the next slot, then the order is I believe determined by the reach of the players on first TV and then on web/Ip players. Youview  say they periodically assess this reach and  may reorder as appropriate. If a player is added after Youview have done their periodic assessment the norm is for it to be added to the end  of the list until the next assessment.