cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 161 of 358

Re: BT Webmail Feedback v2 (post 16th April release)

Hi Everyone, 

Please keep it friendly.

Cheers

Neil

Message 162 of 358

Please keep it friendly !!! Please get it working properly, been far too long , cursor and font still do their own thing . ridiculous.  graphic text cut up.. BT a world leader in digital communications ... ? 

Message 163 of 358

Hi Everyone,

I would like to remind you all of the community guidelines 

Disrespecting other people - We want people to feel comfortable about posting their questions and answers on the forums. Angry rants or 'flames' don't help achieve this and the moderators will delete them. 

Thanks

Neil

Message 164 of 358

Sign-on security risk

I don't think I've seen this reported. To me it's a scecurity risk - quite a small one, but a risk.

The first step to signing-in for the new system is to enter your user id. That's fair.

Click next to refresh the screen to enter your password and the trouble starts.

Sometimes the screen is unresponsive until you click into the password field. That's ok.

Sometimes there's an active cursor in the user id field. That's not good.
If you forget to move the cursor to the password field before typing in your password, your visible password on screen can be read by any screen-grabbing malware. If you click next you'll get an error, but your password/user combination can be saved by your browser and presented to anyone else that uses the same computer. Anyone a bit savvy will see what's happening and can log in with your details and you might not want that.

Coding error? Coders make errors. User error? Users make errors. Combine the two for a disaster.

If the user id field on the second screen was read-only or greyed out this problem wouldn't happen.

I'm using a laptop, Windows 10, Chrome 124.0.6367.156 and Webmail 3.4.1. I've also replicated the "active cursor" error using whatever versions of Edge and Firefox are lying around on the laptop.

It's an inconsistent error but it's there - you just need to hunt for it.

0 Ratings
Message 165 of 358

In addition to the yet to be fixed issues on your list and reported her, I would like to add the issue of moving emails to folders and subfolders. This was reported earlier. 

This is frustrating, sometimes it is OK but more often the cursor jumps as one is trying to navigate to a subfolder and you're back at the start.  

Webbased email is also very slow and I am fed up at not having a stay logged in function option with a two stage process to log in every time the browser is opened.

Message 166 of 358

The new "improved" webmail keeps on timing out if left unused for an hour or so, the previous version had a "keep me logged in2 option, is there a way to get that again?

Message 167 of 358

If only! I'm having to log in several times a day now.
Message 168 of 358

BT Email - What is wrong ???

What is wrong with BT Email ...  

All too often when trying to create / compose a new Email it will ....

slow down, stop reacting .... then shut down and if lucky it may save a draft.

Various errors - sometimes errors  check if emojoi's  are valid - I don't use any at all 

Simple text some a few Bold characters ...  it really doesn't work well at all.

The Email composer / editor it just is not fit for purpose at all .

On occasion errors from memory  =C2 AO  inserting all strange unwanted text after new paragraph, line returns,

See Example at the End of this message ....

it is showing some characters looks like behind the scenes - programming code for line feed, new paragraph etc.  

Example below its every line you cannot read with these Insert characters ..   Decimal points , space etc 

Your programming code / script is inserting characters - there is something wrong with the BT Email ability to compose a basic Email - Please kindly explain & Fix asap - 

I have now wasted Hours of my time re-sending corrupted Emails ! 

Removing all your inserted programming characters that clearly should not be inserted at all. 

Example below ...  Every line, every space After 30 years loyal customer I am thinking of leaving BT you have created major problems as I am spending too much time clearing up after your Email problems.

Important Emails are not being sent as I cannot read them they, after 30 minutes composing email Then it decides to corrupt my email messages- I have to manually removal all those silly inserted characters ..  You must know you have this problem and admit you have these issues , before you ask I am just composing basic Emails nothing fancy with your new emojis etc ..   The Email is not fit for purpose 

Privacy I have removed all Text but seeing this on every line is not acceptable, kindly explain and fix this awful problem. 

=C2=A0     =C2=A0   =C2=A0 =C2=A0 

=C2=A0=C2=A0 =C2=A0 : =C2=A0 - =C2=A0  =C2=A0 =C2=A0 1.0 =C2=A0 c=20

. =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0  . =C2=A02025 =C2=A0=20

Message 169 of 358

Today every time I've had to log in (four times already this morning in one hour since 8.30!) I've had to "prove I'm not a robot". The first two times I've then had to go through the Capture selection (all American pics?) SIX TIMES, the third time twice, and the last time I just had to tick the box. This is getting so ridiculous!!
Message 170 of 358

@wendylois I'm just wondering, are you accessing webmail through a VPN or do you have any adblockers, pop-up blockers or other extensions that could be driving you through the Captcha route? 

Yes, American pictures are annoying. What, for instance, is a fire hydrant? Our UK dogs use trees ... 

Tags (1)
0 Ratings