cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 171 of 952

Re: Problems with the New BT email when drafting replies to emails

Yup, I'm having exactly the same problems using a Mac and Chrome all with up to date software. Why oh why do the techies always have to change things when they're working just fine. A cheaper provider I assume

0 Ratings
Message 172 of 952

Re: BT Webmail Feedback

Not sure how to add to this chain to get help, hopefully this is correct, apology if not.

Can anyone help plse, not tech savvy. New BT email format in use.

Old system, I normally place tick in box LHS, email did not open, then from drop down box, select mark as spam and it moved to spam folder, I then empty spam folder. The spam email from whomever, moved and deleted without it ever opening on my laptop/phone, so no chance of malware etc. peace of mind.

This version if you put tick in box email always opens. I therefore cannot see how to get it into the spam folder without it opening.
Some will say you have to click on a link in email to download malware etc but what if some bright spark works out a system that if you just open an email and something is placed on your machine unknown to you.

I can click on delete in its email box without opening email and it goes to trash unopened but I want it marked as spam so no longer goes into my inbox as per previous BT version.

Is this possible?

Thank you.

0 Ratings
Message 173 of 952

New Email Format

Although the plethora of issues which I initially reported have been resolved, several anomalies persist with my new BT email format.

Email content no longer wraps around. Instead, words are truncated at the end of a row or the odd letter will appear randomly on the next line.

Composing a new email can be hit-and-miss with the dialogue box expanding beyond the screen size. Line spacing often varies throughout the email, and font sizes change without notice.

Unless overlooked, I have not seen these particular issues addressed on the forum so any help would be appreciated.

Kind regards

0 Ratings
Message 174 of 952

The spacing is all over the place but also when you write the 3rd or maybe it's the 4th line of the text body the font size changes (not entirely sure if also the font type), that is it changes by itself.

0 Ratings
Message 175 of 952

@gallivant

See my message No.170.

0 Ratings
Message 176 of 952

Re: Problems with the New BT email when drafting replies to emails

Hi @PerE17  the email team has asked if you can help with their investigations into the table formatting issue. I've sent you a private message.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 177 of 952

So fed up with the new email:

• folder column too big and have to keep changing it , so that I can see the full email on the right of the screen.  There doesn't seem anywhere I can change the default

• keeps buffering, which I didn't have before
  • scrolling takes ages, which it didn't do before

• deletion takes ages, which it didn't do before

• moving to folder takes ages, which it didn't do before
  • keeps putting me back at top of emails, when I am trying to sort out last week's email

Can someone please explain to me how the new system is better to use  ie what else is new apart from the intials thing and dividing emails between today, yesterday and last week , which just means I can see less emails on the screen at once!  Is the search facility better? saving sent messages to folders?
Message 178 of 952

Cursor still jumping up the beginning and changing the font. Options selected not being saved e.g "Show all images" reverts back to all being blocked. The same with chosen fonts. Very many other problems highlighted by others. Since my message 91 nothing of any substance has happened. BT webmail is currently not fit for purpose and is a total disgrace. I have been with BT Mail (primarily using webmail) for probably 20 years and never, ever, experienced anything like this. 

It should be withdrawn immediately. It is totally unacceptable to be using the BT community as the testing platform for a system that is so flawed that it is doubtful that it will ever work satisfactorily.

It is  time for BT to issue an apology for screwing up so monumentally and to put back a system that can be used with confidence.  Any future changes should be thoroughly tested before being released

Message 179 of 952

I couldn't agree more.It is astonishing that a company as big as BT shows such utter disregard for its users.
I have 8 separate negative issues with the new format (and nothing positive) - 7 of which are merely irritating, the 8th (cursor jumping to front of email and font changing) is utterly exasperating. I reported this by telephone 3 days ago, and was told that no one else had the problem (shades of the Post Office), and that it would be reported to the Offline team; this forum shows that many others are suffering similarly yet BT has done absolutely nothing whatsoever to assist or even to apologise.
I an currently considering my options to change email provider.
Message 180 of 952

Agree. Been with BT webmail, in its different guises for over 20 years, and this is one of the worst interfaces we have ever had to to work with. Did not take lightly to being thrown the "terms and conditions" of being a Business account that shouldn't be using BT webmail when only doing as BT has suggested when they finally were able to migrate our account. Do "residential" clients not conduct normal, even critical business through their email communication? No excuses! Been threatening to leave BT and never looked as likely to do so, if this recent webmail interface shambles doesn't get sorted out once and for all.
0 Ratings