cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 191 of 952

Re: BT Webmail Feedback

Having been directed here by the BT Digital Care team. Otherwise known as the complaints team, I find it laughable that BT launch a new webmail product and expect the users to Beta test their product, but heyho such is the way a major company operates.

BT webmail product now only allows 10 attachments per email... How wonderful what were their developers smoking? It comes to something when Gmail allows more.

The auto blocking of images in the emails is a pain

The layout takes you back to some of old email clients of windows 3.1

Not being able to hover to see phishing emails is a pain but no suprise the spam gets through to the inbox and the genuine emails end up in spam.

Such high standards for the downgrade, and guess what the only way to get anything done is to post on the forum as BT digital care team can only feed back it's only here the complaints get back to the developers 

0 Ratings
Message 192 of 952

@Problems1 

Change the preview to none by clicking on the View icon at the right hand side.

0 Ratings
Message 193 of 952

@CGW1 wrote:

The auto blocking of images in the emails is a pain. It is turned off  by default as a security enhancement. If you want to turn it back on you can do that if you want and the way to do it has been posted many times on the forum and in this thread.

Be aware that if you do turn automatic image loading this will allow senders who know how to, to be able to  know your location, your Internet service provider or mobile company. The device you used to open the email. The operating system you’re using. If you are using and email client, the email client you’re using. The Web browser you’re using.

And should it be an email with an image from a spammer the spammer would know that the email address is active and could of course decide to send more spam or phishing emails to that email address. 

So be selective which option you do use if you do turn it back on.

The layout takes you back to some of old email clients of windows 3.1

Not being able to hover to see phishing emails is a pain but no suprise the spam gets through to the inbox and the genuine emails end up in spam. Again this has been covered many times in the forum and very recently in this thread which you would have seen had you taken the time to read the thread.

Such high standards for the downgrade, and guess what the only way to get anything done is to post on the forum as BT digital care team can only feed back it's only here the complaints get back to the developers 

Message 194 of 952

So you define what you offered as advice to my and many other BT webmail users' concerns as "assistance"?

Love the veiled threat of the risk of closing my account, thrown in for good measure.

Fair enough.

Guess it opens a little window to your views on customer service and critical thinking.

Message 195 of 952

@gallivant 

Take it any way you want because as I said there will nothing further being offered directly to you.

EDIT: I see you edited your post to say I gave a veiled threat about closing your account and my views on customer service. As I am just a customer the same as all the users on this Customer to Customer forum and I do not work and have never worked for BT perhaps you could explain how I would be able to go about that.

0 Ratings
Message 196 of 952

I know many of my comments had been mentioned in this thread, but the guy at the BT complaints team said to make them in this thread as it would go back to the developers as Forum moderators are in communication with the so called developers. 

Therefore the more complaints about particular issues should in theory get action. 

Well I live in hope....

0 Ratings
Message 197 of 952

Never assumed you work for BT, never said that

As a Distinguished Sage I merely assumed you enjoy helping people in this forum that is all. 

I've added you to my Ignore list, so you needn't bother with me anymore.

0 Ratings
Message 198 of 952

Despite labelling a particular email address a safe sender the system still puts the emails in Junk. Tried making it a safe sender again and it says it already is a safe sender !

0 Ratings
Message 199 of 952

Re: BT Email

@Mandoman Glad to see I'm not the only one that loathes the group by day "feature". How many people do you think need to complain about it before something is done?
0 Ratings
Message 200 of 952

I'm puzzled by this one (please note, I added the grey frame to highlight the image). 

Screenshot 2024-02-07 093600.jpg

1. Image settings have been set to "Allow all except spam".

2. The email was not identified as spam and was delivered to my inbox. 

3. The email was sent by BT and the blocked image contains a link to the survey. 

I have clicked on the "show image" button in the email and now the image displays. Clicking the link really seems like I'll have a free shot at an open goal.

0 Ratings