cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 411 of 952

New Email is completely useless

If anyone from BT is reading this, I would urge you to abandon the new email and put the old one back.

I don't have time to list everything that's wrong with it, so just put the old one back.

Message 412 of 952

Re: BT Webmail Feedback

This is gloomy place, so I thought I might brighten it up with the news that the new email has started putting emails from BT into my spam folder! the 2 most recent:

Your prices are changing soon – Important changes to your BT service.

and

Some important news about your service.

I didn't designate these as spam, so it must have been someone in BT!!!!!

Message 413 of 952

I am BT broadband, but still get ads. The only reason I stay is for my historic emails.
0 Ratings
Message 414 of 952

I haven't read the whole of this thread, so this may well have already been raised.

When keying in a Reply to an e-mail the cursor intermittently jumps to the start of the reply and changes the text size and typeface. Having to watch the screen and type at the same time is very tedious and shouldn't be necessary.  I've tried three browsers - Chrome, Opera and Firefox - all with the same result. Nothing like it happens in the other web-based e-mail clients I use.

Putting software out which has not been properly tested is utterly unacceptable.

As to "features", I hate those coloured boxes with one or two letters in.  I cannot find any way to have arriving e-mails put straight into their appropriate directory, a feature common to all other e-mail clients I have used.

0 Ratings
Message 415 of 952

@GeoffSmith 

I guess you didn't read any of this thread never mind the whole of it. How to turn off the coloured boxes is on the previous page to this one in message 403. It has also been posted a few other times through out this and other threads on the forum.

As regards "arriving e-mails put straight into their appropriate directory, a feature common to all other e-mail clients I have used".  If you are using a web browser access your BTMail you are using webmail and not an email client.

I presume that by putting them into a "directory" you mean you want the email to be put into a folder that you have set up.

If you want your "arriving email" to be put into folders you will need to set up "Rules", which can be found in the settings for this to happen other wise the arriving email would obviously end up in your Inbox because there is  nothing to indicate where you would want it to go. That would also be the case if you were using an email client. 

As regards the issue with the curser jumping, this along with other issues is known to the BTMail team and they are working on a fix.

See link

Webmail migration update - BT Community

Message 416 of 952

Re: New Email is completely useless

I agree with this 100%.  I used to know what I was doing with this but no longer.  One of my biggest beefs at this time is that I have to waste time deleting 14 messages at a time when i used to be able to delete 50 of the mostly junk that i receive. Not a fan.

Message 417 of 952

@Sonic2 

I noticed that you can only choose messages you can see on your screen.  So I changed the Zoom on my screen by using

CONTROL+MINUS SIGN.  I was then able to highlight more messages.  Not an ideal solution but better than the current solution.  Note that you use CONTROL+PLUS SIGN to change the Zoom back.

0 Ratings
Message 418 of 952

If you were to read the thread, you would find a solution to your problem.

Message 419 of 952

Thanks - I have tried that and yes a partial solution in that I could now tag 30 but could only just read the headings. Seems BT hasn't heard " if it ain't broke don't fix it".
0 Ratings
Message 420 of 952

@Sonic2 

As has been pointed out this has been posted many times in this thread and other threads on the forum. If you have any other problems and I suspect you will have either have a read through the threads or do a search. The answer may be there.

If you want to delete multiple emails try the following.

If you hold down the shift key then tick the box to the left of the first email you want to delete in the list of emails then scroll down using the scroll bar on the right hand side and tick the last email you want to delete then release the shift key. It will select all the emails in between. If there any emails that you don't want deleted untick them. You can then click delete or drag and drop them into the Trash folder. 

0 Ratings